THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    rim or rimless in Dakota falling block action?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

rim or rimless in Dakota falling block action?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking at a nice rifle chambered for Remington 280 using the Dakota falling block action single shot (Model 10). Is a rimm as important in a falling block as in a break action rifle?

In my break action rifles, I always go with a rimmed cartridge for extraction or efficiency.

thanks and all thoughts are welcome.

Posts: 902 | Location: Denver Colderado | Registered: 13 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Neither the sweet Dakota M-10... NOR the wonderful Ruger #1 have ANY issues regarding rimless cartridges in their actions.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would go with rimmed myself...one less thing to worry about.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
<DWLshooter>
posted
My old man has a Dakota 10 chambered in 25-06 improved. For a long time he had issues with it when he first bought the gun. The problem was finaly solved but we concluded that a rimmed cartridge is the way to go. Hope that helps.

DWLshooter