THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    see many Hopkins and Allen drop blocks?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

see many Hopkins and Allen drop blocks?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I guess its technically a rolling block, that looks like a falling block. I picked up an action years ago and refinnished it and bought a barrel at Numrich arms for it in .22lr...the barrel had a modle number of 822....but I heard at some point my action was a 722...I also bought the forend from NA and copied it on my wood, and I made the buttstock ...anyone else ever have one and how rare are they?....bob

Posts: 125 | Location: ct | Registered: 06 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 222blr:
I guess its technically a rolling block, that looks like a falling block. I picked up an action years ago and refinnished it and bought a barrel at Numrich arms for it in .22lr...the barrel had a modle number of 822....but I heard at some point my action was a 722...I also bought the forend from NA and copied it on my wood, and I made the buttstock ...anyone else ever have one and how rare are they?....bob

Not especially rare. I have a 722 that I killed so many twigs, squirrels, cans, etc. that you cannot begin to count them all. Wore the barrel out. But it was a hell of a little gun for 4.5# of sheer enjoyment. I have since had it relined and the sears rebuilt. Now it is a fine gun again.

There is a 922 also that is a falling block, and comes in a schuetzen configuration with a hooked buttplate and can be had in .22 lr or .25-20. Almost got my hands on one of the latter.

Brent

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote