Find
Notify
Tools

What happened to Luxus Arms?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of South Pender
posted
There are some used Luxus Arms rifles up for sale. However, I can't find their website for more information. Have they gone out of business?

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
- Bertrand Russell

Posts: 165 | Location: Vancouver, BC Canada | Registered: 17 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes. a few years ago. I still regret not picking up one. I read quite a few favorable reviews of them.

Posts: 1427 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They started out having a good run and they made some really nice custom rifles along with the "standard" models they eventually made. I got in the early days and they made a unique rifle for me that cannot not be replaced. I'm not completely sure what happened in the end but the rifle and the wood business folded. There are still a few of their rifles that float around for sale but there are a lot of rifles to choose from in the price range they ended up.

Posts: 816 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of South Pender
posted Hide Post
Mike, that's useful info. I had a question about the Luxus rifle: what is the function of the hammer mounted on the side? Is it necessary to cock it to get the rifle to fire? It seems like an odd arrangement.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
- Bertrand Russell

Posts: 165 | Location: Vancouver, BC Canada | Registered: 17 April 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The hammer is probably the weak point of the design. It has a short and stout pull and is probably near impossible for a lefty to use. One advantage is that the side hammer is easy to access with a scope on the rifle.

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Like so many new start up companies , they had start up difficties and the owners differing opinions. But they were unique, beautiful and accurate rifles

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4198 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I knew Adam and Clay when they started out. I bought a few Turkish Walnut blanks for custom builds from them when they were Luxus walnut co. Then they started the Luxus 11 rifles. Adam is really an artist, and drifted off in that direction. Clay switched over to making AR rifles when they were so popular. I haven't heard from either of them in some time.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think Clay is doing well with HM Defense but I haven't heard from Adam in several years. I'm sure that the margins on AR-type rifles are far better than they would have been on the Luxus guns. It's too bad, they were nice little rifles.

Posts: 988 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wasserwulf
posted Hide Post
I lifted up a few that were for sale at the big spring Calgary gun show. Even without scopes, they seemed heavy and unbalanced for single shot. Good looking though.

Posts: 28 | Location: Canada | Registered: 26 September 2022Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
I know they went their separate ways. I had done a bit of business with Adam back in the day. After their separation Adam still "said" he had a good supply of blanks for sale. I bought one for what I remember was around $1800. Never got the blank and he stopped returning calls. Said it was in a storage unit he no longer had access to. Rumor was shit went down hill for him personally. I have not heard or seen him post anywhere in years.

Mac

Posts: 1726 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wasserwulf:
I lifted up a few that were for sale at the big spring Calgary gun show. Even without scopes, they seemed heavy and unbalanced for single shot. Good looking though.

This! For the price point and the wood that came on the early models they were a decent deal when compared to the sleekness of a K95, Krieghoff takedown etc.

Mac

Posts: 1726 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by McKay:
I know they went their separate ways. I had done a bit of business with Adam back in the day. After their separation Adam still "said" he had a good supply of blanks for sale. I bought one for what I remember was around $1800. Never got the blank and he stopped returning calls. Said it was in a storage unit he no longer had access to. Rumor was shit went down hill for him personally. I have not heard or seen him post anywhere in years.

We’re you able to get your money for the blank back?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6605 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
quote:
Originally posted by McKay:

We’re you able to get your money for the blank back?

Nope!

Mac

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately Luxus went the same was as Empire. A meteoric rise in popularity, due in no small part to gunwriters. And an equally quick fall !

I stayed in close touch with Adam until his problems began to manifest themselves.
I sincerely hope he is doing well.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4198 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Could not care less about Adam. Nothing but straight out lies for months. Could not even remember the last lie he told you in the previous conversation.

Mac

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a standard Luxus Model 11, serial number 013. Anyone know what it might be worth?

Posts: 6139 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
check gunbroker and gunsinternational