New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virgin Valley
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a good story. Sounds like a few people I've dealt with.

I've acutally had a person bring in a gun that had the scope base held on with hose clamps and the chamber had been done with a drill bit in a hand drill. He wanted me to make it shoot. [Big Grin]

Posts: 136 | Location: Utah | Registered: 14 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V.V. Jeff:
That's a good story. Sounds like a few people I've dealt with.

I've acutally had a person bring in a gun that had the scope base held on with hose clamps and the chamber had been done with a drill bit in a hand drill. He wanted me to make it shoot. [Big Grin]

Hose clamps??????
At least I use duct tape as not scratch the barrel LOL!

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I remember the way it really went down, BUT life is too short.

NIB SS T/C barrel-$250.
Rechamber- NC
Sell on internet for $150. loss
Knowledge and experence-Priceless

Posts: 110 | Location: Southwest Utah | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
VV folks and Bobby Tomek - If you can't guarantee that you can do it right, don't do it at all. Let some other shmuck get the tarnished reputation by botching the impossible job.

Regards,
Scott

Posts: 117 | Location: Sierra Foothills, CA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've bought a few barrels and wood from VVCG over the past years, since they started. They have always been helpful and honest in my dealings with them.

The first few barrels looked very good. They didn't shoot super groups, but 3/4"-1" groups. The last few have been hell on wheels. The second to last barrel I bought from them was the best shooting barrel I've ever had. Until I bought my last one. I've shoot 15 different loads with 4 powders and two bullets. No group larger than 1", the smallest in the low .2's. BTW, this is average group size for 4 three shot groups.

These's last two were some of the extra wilson blanks that they put on sale.

Posts: 241 | Location: Beaumont, tx | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V.V. Dave:
It really pains me to see posts like this. I say this because your source of information is wrong and you pass it on without merit. There is a saying that has been around for a long time. You can never please all of the people all of the time. There are customers that I will never be able to please no matter what I, or anyone else does.

As far as the barrel is concerned I highly doubt the fact that anyone currently working in the shop would say oh well and send them on their way. I would ask that the customer in question, if he/she reads this, to contact me directly.
[/QB]

I guess MY SOURCE OF INFORMATION wasn't wrong after all and there was some MERIT to it. You even admitted in another post that you did, finally, remember something about the work I was talking about. In fact, you stated I told him that it may not turn out right, and I would not guarantee anything. He, however, wanted me to do it anyway. So, I tried. It turned out badly. I warned him up front that it may happen, so I felt no obligation to replace the barrel.

Now, as I stated before, Virgin Valley has done some good work in the past, but I would suggest that people take all available information into consideration before they spend all of their hard earned money. Odds are they may be happy, but it would be a bad thing to spend all of your available money on a gun that wont shoot come hunting time.

Posts: 108 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually, it was me that stated that part in bold type.

I won't try to refute this anymore. It doesn't really do any good. It simply boils down to our word against yours and nobody is going to win on that count.

I will, however, apologize for any bad feelings your friend may have against us. We go out of way to try and make our customers happy. Unfortunately, things like this will sometimes happen and we can't please everyone.

Good luck in the future.

Posts: 136 | Location: Utah | Registered: 14 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Scott Thornley wrote: "VV folks and Bobby Tomek - If you can't guarantee that you can do it right, don't do it at all. Let some other shmuck get the tarnished reputation by botching the impossible job."

Scott- I did it "right" in every technical aspect. The results were not "wrong," either. I told her exactly what the results would be, and she still persisted, making numerous calls and visits. This is the type of individual who, if you completely refuse, will bad-mouth you for turning her away as well. I can hear it now: "That so-and-so down the road is just too lazy to do the work for me..."

This same type of individual will go down to Wally World, have a portrait made for the $10 buck blue light special, and then throw a major fit when we won't copy it for them on "the good paper that doesn't fade right away like these do." Explaining copyright protection falls on deaf ears, and sometimes they'll leave in a huff.

With these individuals, it's always a no-win situation.

With VV, I am certain the situation is the same. There are folks who will want a target-grade shooter made out of a water pipe-grade barrel -- and they may want it in a caliber that's been known to be problematic in certain guns. ANd these folks don't go away; they persist. That's why VV will guarantee accuracy with their own barrel blanks; bring in your own, and the guarantee is off.

And I don't see a thing in the world wrong with that policy. After all, even if they do everything "right" with the barrel you bring in, the results may not be what you wanted. But when the guys politely explain that this work will have no guarantee, the customer should have no complaints if things are what they may have unrealistically hoped for.

And yet these are the type of individuals who always seem to make the most noise...

Posts: 9344 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
virgin vally is TOP'S !!!!
in my book...
i had a small problem,with a barrel,,best customer service i have ever seen, great people to deal with !!!
thank's vv dave !!!!
buckweet [Big Grin]

Posts: 302 | Location: clinton mo. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dave Jenkins
posted Hide Post
buwheat cant spel nor typ and I aint gonna be ordering nuthin else from VVCG..........for at least a week!!!! [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 569 | Location: VA, USA | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Alot of folks have already responded in defense of VVCG. At the risk of beating a dead horse, I would like to say that no other company that I have ever dealt with can compare to VVCG with regards to customer service and quality of workmanship. Dave is always returns calls and emails.
I purchased a contender barrel from them and had them do a little refitting on my frame. While there, they called me to say that they were not happy with the trigger job that its previous owner had done and offered to correct it free of charge. I opted to pay them for a complete trigger job instead and was rewarded with crisp 2-1/2lb trigger.
These are some Great folks!!

Posts: 1 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
<Embalmer>
posted
I am new to the world of the TC Encore. I have recently been doing some research on these rifles and have decided to buy one now. After seeing what is out there and what companies there are to deal with. I can say whole heartedly that VVCG will be getting my hard earned dollars. Hands down! After seeing the responces from the MANY people who you have more then satisfied I feel extremely confident in having you do any and all work I could possably want done for this project rifle. I have never dealt with your company, but with the posts made on your beahalf and the posts of the people at VVCG I can see that you are a top notch company and the type of company I will enjoy dealing with and trust. VVCG is the typs of company that has earned the respect of many in the shooting community and from the posts made before this one, you can see why.

VVCG you will be getting a call from me in the next day or so to order up an Encore. Thanks for doing business the way that you have chose to. You have just earned yourselves a new customer without even haviing to do anything.

Kudos to your company and all of those like you who who make make dealing with the customers a priority and making sure that they are happy with the product that you provide.