THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Need advice on Leupold QRW series rings

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need advice on Leupold QRW series rings
 Login/Join

posted
Hello All
I have a 2 similar ruger 1V and would like to install the Leupold QRW series rings on each. This is needed so that I can transfer the scope back and forth between guns. Since the scopes cost about $800 each you can hopefully see my reasoning. I was told that the Leupold QRW series rings donot work on the ruger 1V bases. True or false?? [Confused]

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience on setting up a Ruger 1V so that I can interchange the scope between different rifles?

Posts: 8 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would check with Brownells and see if they got the Warne Maxima style Q/D Ruger base rings in yet. In the most recent catalog they say that they are coming soon. I've used the Leupold QRW in the past and they will dent the scope tube. I've switched everything to Warne Maximas, some Q/D and some PA, in my opinion the best rings there are and I have yet to dent a scope tube, usually they don't leave much of any mark.
Hope this helps,
Darnell

Posts: 116 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote