Find
Notify
Tools

Re: NEF 22-250
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Sorry Bluedog. Let's hear your report. The local BiMart has a nice new Handi in .204. Very tempting. Wrongtarget: I am envying your .357 Maximum. Load it with BP and cast and it is a virtual ringer for the great old .35 Maynard target round of 125 years ago or so -- and of course with modern loads it is nearly a .35 Remington.

Posts: 16442 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dont have one in a 22-250 but I do have one in a .223. This rifle shoots very well for me. I can AVG less than .5 inches at 100yds. I also did nothing to mine but take it out of the box and break the barrel in. I was suprised to see how well this rifle could shoot for all the more it cost me. I think with some good love to it you will be happy.

Posts: 27 | Location: WESTMORELAND COUNTY PA | Registered: 15 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yup, I have a .223 Ultra Varmint also, after a good bore break in, I shot .265" and .440" 3 shot, 100yd groups with it using the win value pack 45gr JHP. While I had it into H&R I had em do a trigger job on it, it was free then, it came back to me with a 2.5lb trigger with no creep and breaks smooth as glass.
.223 Ultra Varmint w/Tasco Euro-Class 5-20x40

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am not sure but I do beleave that NEF will guarantee a 1.5 inch group at 100yds.

Posts: 27 | Location: WESTMORELAND COUNTY PA | Registered: 15 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I am not sure but I do beleave that NEF will guarantee a 1.5 inch group at 100yds.

That big, eh? I've bought several of em new, never seen a statement like that. Source?

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Like I said, I am not sure. I have never seen it in writing myself. It just so happens that I was at my local gun shop the other day talking to a clerk there about NEF. He stated that there was a guy that was haveing some issues with his rife and they had sent it back a few times and in the process in dealing with NEF the clerk had herd or read about the guarantee from NEF. And as far as 1.5 inch groups at 100 yrds; I dont think thats to bad for a rifle that costs less than $200. All the NEF rifles that I have sean have the capability of shooting much better than 1.5 inches