THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Anyone here own/shoot/shot a Martini & Hagn SS?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone here own/shoot/shot a Martini & Hagn SS?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted
http://martiniandhagngunmakers.com/actions.htm

The small action sure looks sweet to me....hmmm 6BR, 6.5x47, or 6.5x55.....

Posts: 2898 | Registered: 25 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one, built by Roger Green, in 7 remington magnum. Heck of a action. Vault tight and yet smooth. Action was built by Hartmann and Weiss. Not many around but, in my opinion, well worth the price.

Posts: 3059 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 19 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
It looks nice, especially case colored and engraved, which I assume is a bunch extra. I think I like the Browning 1885 design myself, just partial to the exposed hammer.

Browningguy
Houston, TX
We Band of 45-70ers

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted Hide Post
Had a 1885 low wall, and sold it.......Browning needs to make more of these, or at least actions.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
It is the best falling block action since the Farquharson. I would love to have one made up in .375 Flanged or .450-.400 NE.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13624 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted Hide Post
The martini or browning?

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I meant the Martini-Hagn. Nothing against the 1885, but I just happen to like the hammerless design. To each his own.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13624 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted Hide Post
Thanks, hoping you'd say the one costing several fold was more appealing......for the expense. Thanks. Hammerless has clean look, simple design no doubt.