THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Ruger #1 in .303 British .......
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger #1 in .303 British .......
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Frank,

I'd stick with .311 as that is the proper diameter. (I'm not even sure if you could get a .312 aside from a custom job.) Most of the bullets are either .310 or .311. If you neck-size the brass only you should get good case life.

There is an excellent website on everything .303 run by an ex-armourer in Ontario, Steve Redgwell: www.303british.com. Steve is also making 200 grain bullets for the .303, and in .311, .313 &.314 diameters (to suit military tolerances and worn bores).

You might also consider having it chambered for .303 Epps, which is like an Ackley improved- it gives a little more velocity and better case life. I've had my BSA-sporterized P-14 rechambered for .303 Epps and am looking forward to working up loads for it.

Smiler Stuart

Posts: 6 | Location: Mission, B.C., Canada | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote