Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ550 Bedding questions?
 Login/Join

posted
I have been toying wiith the idea of bedding my CZ, but I am still not really sure what I am trying to achieve so will probably let a 'smith do it for me...

Even if I don't do it myself, I would still like to understand the process.

I understand that when bedding the recoil lug on the barrel, only the rear of the lug should touch the bedding with a small gap around the sides, front and bottom of the lug and this is normally done by masking off with tape?

What about the "action block" where the front action screw goes into? I assume this is the main recoil lug ? Should the bedding in this area be as near 100% fit to the block or should there be a gap around it? if so where?

What happens to the front and rear spacers/pillars during bedding? Are they epoxied into place or are they no longer needed?

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
I did my own and it's not too tough - any part of the stock you don't want filled in with epoxy, stuff it with modeling clay and contour it to fit whatever part meets it.

On this side of the pond, a good bedding job costs about $150.00, the acraglass itself costs about $25.00 and TRUST ME... it's worth the $125.00 the gunsmith earns for getting all that damn clay out!!! Mad

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947