New
Find
Notify
Tools

1910 Mexican Mauser - WTB Missing Parts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I recently picked up a clean little 1933 crested 1910 pattern Mexican mauser action... that is almost complete. It needs an extractor, cocking piece and perhaps a correct bolt shroud if the standard M98 is not appropriate (seems like it will work OK). Anyone here have any of these parts they'd be willing to part with? Smiler I'm not sure if the bottom metal shown is original but it fits well. It has a crown stamp just like the "Blue Bonnet" margarine logo... from a Swede perhaps?? Smiler

For reference these Mexican parts all seem to be marked with an "<---" inspector's mark. If need be I can post a picture of this. My friend had the correct firing pin for this (without the safety gas seal camming surface on the front side of the firing pin spring flange).

Hoping to get the parts together for this and build up a .250 Savage or .257 Roberts.
Thanks - Jeff P

Posts: 330 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Probably a swede bottom metal. Carl gustaf if staight crown, husqvarna if tilted crown

Nice action.

Is it correct that the 1910 mex has NO gas slot on the left and No gas hole on the right, on the front ring?
And the 1935 mex does have the Gas slot on left and also a hole on the right?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to www.e-gunparts.com then go to mauser and scroll down to yours. van

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSP7:
Probably a swede bottom metal. Carl gustaf if staight crown, husqvarna if tilted crown

Nice action.

Is it correct that the 1910 mex has NO gas slot on the left and No gas hole on the right, on the front ring?
And the 1935 mex does have the Gas slot on left and also a hole on the right?

Yes, the 1910 has no gas vent holes and a half depth thumb slot.
The "1936" has a small hole on the right and a slot on the left and a full depth thumb slot.

Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
HI, I do not post here much but, I visit this site everyday. I have that same action that is going to be 257 Bob. I also have all parts for mine. I alo have a 24/47 that I was messing with and out of curiosity put that bolt in it. Saying that, if you have one try it and see what you think or a m48. I am not saying it will or won't work but just see what you think.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Jeff,
extractor is the only, iirc, part that must be for the mexican (and firing pin, of course) all the rest is standard 98, that you have listed. if you are going to do a bob on it anyway, just get a dakota 3position safety and the safey/shroud issue is covered

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38593 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 2 1910 mexican actions, with stripped bolts. I was told the Yugo 24/47 bolt will work, if a safety breach is cut on the barrel, like the Yugo's have. The 24/47 bolt I have fits, a little tight, but it fits.

Numrich has Yugo parts, but no mexican parts.

Jason

Posts: 582 | Location: Western PA, USA | Registered: 04 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The yugo will work, but there are extra steps needed when installing a barrel. try getting in touch with Mr. Wisner, I got an extractor from him, aftermarket and needs some fitting, he may still have a few.

Posts: 276 | Location: MId-Michigan (back in the States) | Registered: 21 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
Jeff,
extractor is the only, iirc, part that must be for the mexican (and firing pin, of course) all the rest is standard 98, that you have listed. if you are going to do a bob on it anyway, just get a dakota 3position safety and the safey/shroud issue is covered

jeffe

Thanks Jeffe for that 3-pos thought... may just do that. I did talk to Jim Wisner and he told me that Ed LaPour now has those extractors... Jim also mentioned that many of these Mexican mauser actions were a bit soft so a re-heat treat would be a good idea. Just wondering if there are any homeless parts leading shallow unfulfilled lives in the shop drawers of the AR audience out there Roll Eyes

I'm also talking with the gent at Wolff springs as they mentioned that they were going to do a run of Yugo springs here shortly, so was wondering what options they might come up with. I sent them dimensions of the one in this action and p 215 of Kuhnhausen's M98 (1st Ed) book. I briefly tried a 24/37 Yugo bolt in this receiver and it didn't fit for some reason... don't remember the details at this point.

Those Yugo's are nice... had a real nice 24/47 rifle in my cross-hairs at the gun show yesterday. Too many projects going on at the moment though so backed off.

Jeff P

Posts: 330 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 582 | Location: Western PA, USA | Registered: 04 August 2003Reply With Quote