New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser barraled action from EAA
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Manhasset posted a link to this website with A BRNO 98 barreled action distributed by EAA in the BigBore forum. Sent of an e-mail to EAA requesting a price and they quoted $289.00. The barreled actions are available in 243 Win, 308, 30-06 amd 7mm WinMag.
Anyone know anything about these BRNO actions?. Seems like a pretty good deal. A lot cheaper than the $500.00 CZ action I have been thinking of buying.

http://www.eaacorp.com/firearms/shotguns/brno98/index.html

[This message has been edited by efryman (edited 01-04-2002).]

[This message has been edited by efryman (edited 01-04-2002).]

Posts: 355 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote
<gone hunting>
posted
my dealer has one of the rifles in stock, 243win for $375
looks good for the price

------------------
born on a mountain, raised in a cave, hunting and fishing is all i crave!

<manhasset>
posted
gone hunting- do the actions have the thumb cut out? Does it look like a reworked Yugo 48 that some milsurp. dealers are selling as new.Thanks, Bob.

<stans>
posted
In looking at the pictures at the EAA site, I would say they are reworked military actions. I think I can just make out the thumb cut-out, definitely a stripper clip cut out, the bolt retains the original style safety, military trigger guard and it appears to have a standard military trigger. The only sporter features appear to be a new barrel, turned down bolt handle and the stipper clip flange has been removed.

<gone hunting>
posted
new not reworked action but it is a mil design
i looked for it this morning but it has done been sold

------------------
born on a mountain, raised in a cave, hunting and fishing is all i crave!