Find
Notify
Tools

New mauser actions?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello all

I saw a auction that has new magnum mauser action that is made in South Africa. Vektor is the name. Has anybody here seen one and can pass on to us if its high quality? They sure are asking alot for one.

Any other makers of new mauser actions you can list with maybe a link?

Thanks for your help
Steve

Posts: 344 | Location: Elkin North Carolina USA | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
vektors aren't being imported, anymore, that I know of.

excellent actions.

I don't know if www.empirerifles.com sells their actions alone.

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38613 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Granite Mountain Arms Mauser is a first class action as well.

GMA

Posts: 1240 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that is the auction I was referring to.

Thanks David
I did a search for them earlier today but did not find this site. Thanks for posting a link.

Any idea of prices from them?

Posts: 344 | Location: Elkin North Carolina USA | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
My brother-in-law has a 416 Rigby built on a Vektor action. It's a very high quality action that, like the GMA, needs a fair amount of finish work. $2500 is what they were selling for when they were being imported here. That strikes me as a fair price, but be prepared to spend some money to get it ready for stocking.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How would they go for a 505 gibbs ? and what is their bolt dia ?

Posts: 175 | Location: australia | Registered: 14 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tom Carter, up in Alaska was importing them for a while. He has moved to South Carolina last year. Vektor makes a fine action and are worth the money. I talk to Tom every once in a while. If you want to get a hold of him, send me an email at www.octbarrel@aol.com. I will ask him is he wants is address published.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I email Tom about his actions and he does have a few in stock. He's going to joins us here at AR as soon as he gets a password.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr Stratton,

Should I pester you here like I did at the NRA convention about posting pictures of your masterpieces here? Big Grin The octagonal barreled Mauser that you had on display there was undoubtedly the most beautiful rifle I have ever seen. Please do post some pictures for us to drool over.

Best wishes cheers

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Mehul,

I love doing the NRA Convention, I get to talk to people about the shooting industry. I think why enjoyed teaching custom gunmaking at a few of the schools around the country for the same reason.

I would love to post some photos, however I'm computer challenged. If you go to my web site at www.gunmaker.net and click on the rifles icon you will find the photos there.

I enjoyed talking to you at the show and maybe I will see you in St Louis next year.

posted Hide Post
Mark Stratton mentioned previously that I have Vektor Double Square Bridge M98 Mauser actions. I have the actions for 375 H&H and 416 Rigby, however I think they can be used for many of the magnum calibers. A couple of the 375 actions have the two position side swing safety similiar to the Model 70 safety. The actions are $2495 retail and must be shipped to an FFL holder. My email address is tcic@sccc.tv. Thanks for your interest. Tom Carter

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom, I was wondering if you were going to show up at AR. Why don't you give us a sales pitch. What kind of cartridges will a Vektor handle?

posted Hide Post
Hi Mark, Thanks for your comment. I'll go out on a limb and say just about any magnum cartridge will work with the Vektor DSB actions. Some rail work may be required depending on the size of the cartridge case. I have the metal composition and a lot of technical stuff if anybody wants it. Cheers, Tom

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Tom...e-mail sent

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote