THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Devcon 62345 Plastic Steel Epoxy Pillar and Bedding Compound

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Devcon 62345 Plastic Steel Epoxy Pillar and Bedding Compound
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of quarterbore
posted
Have any of you ever used Devcon 62345 Plastic Steel Epoxy Pillar and Bedding Compound? How does it compare to the putty? It costs about $6 and looks to be about as much as needed for 1 gun.

Posts: 136 | Location: Southern Utah | Registered: 22 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never used it (like the 10110), tried to look it up but ITW provides very limited info from what I could find, unlike the 10110 data sheet which gives strengths, shrinkage, elasticity, etc.

FWIW, the Plastic Steel Epoxy is categorized as an adhesive, while the 10110 putty is classified as a metal repair epoxy. ITW must have a reason for doing so, but I have no clue as to why the differentiation.

My guess is it would be fine, but have no idea as to its viscosity (I like the putty because I can take my time and it doesn't flow off the vertical surfaces).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too like Devcon 10110 for all bedding work.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3402 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
haven't used that one -- i've tried many, and prefer marine tex grey (not white, which is flexible)

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I also prefer Marine Tex..and for a paint coat only on bedding or jobs where a more thin coat is in order I like the old Brownells red box liquid glass..for bedding a the recoil lug or tang the Brownells green box gel is still a good product..Depends on the job as to what I use..For instance on a Savage 99 forend and butt stock, I use a thinned or Brownells red box of clear liquid glass painted on with a brush then heated with a hair dryer and set in the wood to cure...the result is a glassed rifle that looks like its finished inside like it looks on the outside and not a bubble or flaw, and the wood looks just finished high gloss, Have had a lot of nice comments on that process..

I have used Devcon, mostly on plastic stocks.Not sure of the number, but its what BRownells sells.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote