New
Find
Notify
Tools

Single Set Trigger M98
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
1962 project for a poor man in gunsmithing school. I wanted a better trigger for a 243 Win to shoot PD's, so during the Xmas holidays I made this with hacksaw and files. If you push forward it would set and also could be fired with the standard pull as a single stage like a military pull. It mounted into the trigger guard and needed a spacer to keep the correct space between the set and standard pull. Only 1 made!!!! Les

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Les

I can see how part of it works, but not all of it.

Would you draw a diagram or perhaps lay the parts in closer relationship with each other?

Craftsman

Posts: 1534 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Recknagel is making single set triggers in either aluminum housing or steelhousing..I have one on my .300H&H..they work great Wink...

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Les,

You are one talented guy..
Kudos.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will post a couple of pictures so you can see how the set lever sear and the transfer bar works from the same pin. The trigger pushed forward cams on the kicker lever and hooks into the notch of the lever sear. The spring on the lever sear is in the first pictures in the screw recess. I never make prints when working on these projects. Remember that this was a project to get points for bench metal shop. We had to have so many points to pass the course. Select the proper steel, make the parts, heat treat the parts, and test fire in the rifle. A big task for a 1st year student to design.

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting these, Les.

flaco