New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wipe-Out?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone had any experience using a product for brushless bore cleaning named "Wipe-Out"? The literature that came with the product states that it is safe to leave in the bore overnight. Before I did this, I was wondering if anyone has tried it?

Thanks

Posts: 276 | Location: hendersonville, nc 28739 | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ron L,

I have used the product for the last two years and found it to work very well, many times in a old or just purchased used rifle I have left the product in overnight with no harmfull effects except do not let it come in contact with your stock if it is wood. It will mar the finish and will melt the finish in the bedding area. You will not have to scrub the bore at all, just follow the directions.

Posts: 21 | Location: Las Vegas NV | Registered: 18 April 2002Reply With Quote
<roybaddy>
posted
Hey Ron: I have used Wipeout for almost 18 months. Got mine from a buddy who shared it. I have used it on some really fouled stuff. Forgot and left it in a 220 Swift over a weekend. I patched it out and bore scoped it expecting to see 40 miles of bad road. NO SWEAT...the barrel was squeeky clean. I called the manufacturer ( number is on my can) I was told that the stuff is guaranteed not to erode steel,and that it only works on copper, brass, bronze, and carbon, along with powder fouling. I believe it because I have never seen a speck of erosion through may borescope.

one of us
posted Hide Post
look on big bores post on 04/29/2002 about 60
post on this topic

Posts: 66 | Location: garner n.c. usa | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote