New
Find
Notify
Tools

New offerings from CGRS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We are making bottom metal, shown here attached to a CZ 22. The one attached has been cleaned up a bit, but to keep costs reasonable, we will deliver as shown in the lower example, i.e. fresh out of the mill!

The areas in red will have to be filed to fit..should take no more than three minutes. Of course, the "cheeks can be modified to suit or even elimilnated. Any reshaping to the guard is left to the builder's imagination.

We made no effort to accomodate the original trigger lever shape..it's damn ugly , but again, use your imagination.

These are no piece of cake to make up..takes about 4 1/2 lbs of 1018 to end up with a 4.2 oz product.

Cost is $175.00

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the spirit of "something different", we offer a couple styles of floorplate. Shown here is the "pocket style", which gives an additional .140" magazine depth and the "Rigby style" which gives a total of .440" additional depth.

The example is our 5W model which is for the long magnum pre 64. The unit does not require an additional front
guard screw hole to be drilled and tapped in the receiver.

These are extra cost options. The pocket style adds $125.00, the Rigby $175.00

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We decided to go full bore with an integral box design for the Mini Mauser. Her is an example attached to an action.

Cost is $475.00

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is our 4W copnfiguration (post 64 M-70) in 303 stainless with pocket floorplate. The pocket is .140" deep. Price $565.00

All of these new products were made in small quantities to check out public reaction. If ordered, they may not be in inventory at this time. Should there be a reasonable demand, we'll start production in February

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
You actually made me go look at my 452 :-)

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just as soon as the money gets sweeter ...... I'll be ordering a mini-mauser one !!! Wow .. looks super !!

Until then ...

Posts: 343 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got the mini mauser bottom metal. It is very nice. Just need a three postion safety for it.

Posts: 1292 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
I altered a Don Allen 98 safety to work on the mini.

Duane,

It's really nice to have attractive and functioning bottom metal for the fun projects. Thanks for taking it on, and great looking stuff btw.

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1633 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Duane

Did you ever consider a slant box magazine for a standard length Mauser 98?

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
amazing -- just amazing .. let me get my 30 mauser destroyer out and see what it measure up to .. can you give me a rough idea of the length and C to C length between the screw holes on the cz 22 piece??

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ROUGHLY 2.8" btwn the screws..both ways.,.I kind of went off into "never" land with these...let me take a breath re the slant box.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the slant box idea.....

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well...as usual, I'll tool up for 30 units.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Will the "CZ 22" model work with a Brno Model 2 receiver? Thanks for the information in advance.

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a "model 1" and it fits...someone else will have to answer this

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful metal work!

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Duane,
What is the inside box length on the Mini Mauser? The original box is a little too short to seat the 204 Ruger 40 grs without seating deep into the case.

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about something like the CZ 22 above but without the action screw holes drilled, the front and rear tang left extra long, and the magazine opening not cut. Could be finished out to work on many different .22 rifles. 52 winchesters, Kimbers, Rem 37, etc. Or could be used for blind magazine centerfire rifles. Would not be a drop in affair, but a heck of a lot easier than starting with a chunk of steel.

John

Posts: 563 | Location: illinois | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John,
My AR is on target and shoots dots.
Thanks

A universal thing as you mentioned would be nice.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote