New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clifton stocks
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know if this guy is still in business? I thought the stock with the built in bipod was a great idea in certain applications, and would like to find one. Or maybe someone else who builds something similar? - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Dan, I'm looking for him too. I have a Mauser barreled action in 308 for a Scout rifle project on hold because I can't find this type stock. I'm told the Butler Creek "hotlegs" stock will work but they don't make one inleted for the Mauser. I posted here about four months ago looking for Clifton and got no satisfaction. I'll be watching and hoping someone knows where he is.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Harry>
posted
Last time I knew where Brent was he was somewhere in the Hill Country part of Texas (Between and west of Austin and San Antonio) dealing in real estate. I did a phone search and did not come up with him.
Wife named Shirley.

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Brent Clifton is out of business.

I recall many emails to another list from guys trying to have deposits returned, or else get firearms returned.

I don't know of anyone making his retracting bipod stock. The uints I saw being shot at Gunsite looked pretty flimsy, and the shooters were very careful of them.

I have a Steyr Scout that has a factory bipod, and the only use I have put it to is a stand to sit the rifle on the ground while keeping the muzzle out of the dirt.

jim dodd

------------------
"if you are to busy to
hunt, you are too busy."

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellows. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote