THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says you can't sell receivers on Ebay?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted
Take a look at this "gun part".

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm suprised that hasn't been pulled yet. I first noticed it a few days ago.

Posts: 1239 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
there was a guy tried three times to move a Krag barreled action last week- no bolt, but everything else.

said the serial number and date were ground off it.

was an 1899.

and this-

maybe a relic

ummm...

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's a complete 1909 minus the stock on there right now. It lasted 6 days so far without being pulled.
-Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Too bad the pre-War M70 part is in such poor condition.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
There was a 32 caliber pen gun on Ebay the other day (NFA item)

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12543 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
curious-

what the hell do you do with any of the above if you win it?

it can't be shipped just by dumping it in the mail or to UPS.

who would want to get nailed on either end of that kind of deal?

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tin can:
curious-

what the hell do you do with any of the above if you win it?

it can't be shipped just by dumping it in the mail or to UPS.

who would want to get nailed on either end of that kind of deal?

That is what I was wondering! I almost bid on the pre-war 70 but I don't need anyone knocking on my door! I'll just stay a safe distance away.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure more than a few firearms move every day thru the mail or other means from point "a" to point "b" with complete disregard to the law.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of weagle
posted Hide Post
If you won a firearm that slipped through the ebay screeners you would just have it shipped to your friendly neighborhood FFL dealer and all's good.

Weagle.

Posts: 737 | Location: atlanta ga | Registered: 11 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And if you didn`t? You might just have BATF following the deliveryman in the door!!

Bohica

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hypothetical-

ebay seller does not hold an FFL.

ebay seller living in state "A" auctions a receiver.

ebay buyer living in state "B" wins it.

does ebay seller

1)just ship it to a dealer in state "B"

2)take it to a dealer in state "A" to ship to dealer in state "B"

or what?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
10 to 1 the seller would just put in in a box and ship it where ever, with no paper work involved. Either the seller has no clue it is illegal to do so or doesn't care, figuring who is going to tell on him, the buyer, he's breaking the law too.
-Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All firearms laws are unconstitutional

Posts: 257 | Location: The Greatest Country on Earth! | Registered: 04 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tin Can-

you could make the same cynical argument about every single sale on Auction Arms, GunAmerica, Gunborker, or Gun List. Why the hell think it will be something nefarious and underhanded here? Do you know the person selling the action and think they will intentionally violate federal law?

I'm sorry, but I am having trouble seeing what your statement is all about. Are you trying to condem every non-face-to-face firearms sale in this country? Are you running for DA in your jusrisdiction?

There are already more than enough people in this country trying to make it impossible to own and transfer privately held firearms. I see nothing to be gained by assuming firearms owners are intentionally breaking the law. Sarah Brady, Rosie, and a host of others do enough of that assuming already, thank you.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not running for DA in my jurisdiction.

I asked a civil question on procedure involving two non-FFL holders in different states.

hop back in bed for an hour or two, get up, and start your day again.

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Do you guys really think that ebay knows the difference between a receiver & ANY OTHER GUN PART?

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of weagle
posted Hide Post
tin can, In your scenario. The seller simply ships the peice to a FFL holder in the buyer's state. Same process as selling a gun in the classifieds on this site.

Weagle

Posts: 737 | Location: atlanta ga | Registered: 11 August 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by weagle:
tin can, In your scenario. The seller simply ships the peice to a FFL holder in the buyer's state. Same process as selling a gun in the classifieds on this site.

Weagle[/QUOTE

Yep, exactly... there's not a change in the FFL procedure due to it coming from ebay vs gunbroker

Smiler

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38470 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've only done a transfer once- I bought an action from a man in California; he took it to a dealer there, I had a NY dealer. The NY dealer mailed a copy of his FFL to the dealer in California, who then shipped the action to the dealer in NY.

I picked up the action from the NY dealer after a background check.

so we involved an extra, un-needed step by having the California dealer involved, the owner in California could have just shipped the action to my dealer in NY.

Correct? .. and thank you.

one of us
posted Hide Post
TinCan-

I don't need any more sleep, that's for damn sure.

Some of us have just a little more than ONE experience doing this. I find it odd that you consider yourself an expert after ONE experience. We can only conclude from your post that you do know exactly what happens, as you stated as gospel what would happen.

If you truly want to further your knowledge and expand your realm of knowledge and understanding, I would politely suggest that you ASK a question, as opposed to stating what you "know." It is just a friendly suggestion of a way that has helped me learn more each day. I realized a long time ago I did not know everything and need to listen to others.

In your ONE transfer through hired third party cariier, federal law would not require that step. However, each FFL holder is entilted to run their business however they see fit. Many dealers will not accept firearms transported through a hired third party carrier unless it was shipped from another FFL holder. It is 100% legal to operate your busienss this way.

Trust me when I say I do not need one more minute's sleep. As an FFL holder for many years, what I do need is less attacks from anti-gunners, and a little more tact from some gun owners.

THis statement was made by Marc Stokeld, from Sawyer, MN. Anyone can see that, as it is on every post I make. I feel no need to make up a "screen name" and snipe with anonymous comments.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm from NYC, Mark. My name is Glenn Bowen.

quote:
I find it odd that you consider yourself an expert after ONE experience.

you're delusional.

You and the fly up your butt can take a hike.

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tin can:
I'm from NYC, Mark. My name is Glenn Bowen.

You and the fly up your butt can take a hike.

sofa Spoken with all of the manners and warmth of personality one would expect, from NEW YORK CITY! stir jumping

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you might note the manners of my detractor.

quote:
Sarah Brady, Rosie, and a host of others do enough of that assuming already, thank you.

a true Texan would recognize the above as whoopin' talk. yankees