New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 550 Mag Box
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Should the magazine box make contact with the action and bottom metal? In my CZ when the action is fastened to the stock the box is floating. In other words you can move the mag. box up and down about an .125 is that normal?

Posts: 177 | Location: The Arkansas Line | Registered: 15 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have no experience with CZ’s, but separate mag boxe styles should not touch both the receiver and the bottom metal because they can place the center of the receiver in a bind, and/or bend the bottom metal when things get tightened down.

I was taught that these types should contact the receiver and have the small gap at the bottom metal.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was quick, thanks Rick. While we're at it when is the receiver called an action or action called a receiver?

Posts: 177 | Location: The Arkansas Line | Registered: 15 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
The receiver is one portion of the action; consisting of (basically) receiver, bolt and magazine box and/or bottom metal (mag box, floorplate and trigger guard) in the case of the typical bolt action.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
in almost lal bolt guns, the mag box shouldn't be in a bind.. i remember ole larry telling me "there should be a 3 cent postcard gap"... means 15-20 thou...

action and receiver can be used interchangably, for the most part. for example, one can buy a tripped receiver OR action for a mauser, and you get the same part.
jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote