New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help ,I need a Remington Model30 cocking piece
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know where I could find a Remington Model 30 cocking piece? 3 of them actually. The later cock on open style. Any gun parts places where I could start looking? Any leads are much appreciated.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I am not mistaken the 1917's and the Rem. 30 have the same cocking piece. Surely one will chime in to verify. Try Numerichs(e-gun parts) also Hoosier Gun

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The info I have from stuart ottesson's book shows different one's for the model 30 and m1917 as one is cock on open one is cock on close.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know if they are the same, but you can get replacement speedlock cocking pieces from Dayton Traister, which are cock on open.
-Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Markey:
I don't know if they are the same, but you can get replacement speedlock cocking pieces from Dayton Traister, which are cock on open.
-Don

we have a winner

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39714 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
el jeffe,

My Rem. 30 was originally cock on closing and had Jim Dubell change that to cock on open. My little godsons Rem. 1917 is now cock on open due to a aftermarket trigger-Dayton? surely, I am just supposing now. They both are in original stock condition "cock on closing" correct?

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
brownels sells just the cocking piece and the spring without buyug daytons shitty trigger

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Modern Gunsmithing by Roy Dunlap, addresses this problem ad infinium..The kicker is the cocking notch in the bolt body. To make a sanitary job, the notch needs to be welded up , reshaped ala Rem 30. I'm not sure...do you have a Rem 30 and lost the cocking piece or you're trying to convert an Enfield..if converting, refer to the above. You can alter the Enfield cocking piece to make it cock on opening, but now you have serious ignition problems...Firing pin fall is just too damn short...again, get a copy of Dunlaps book...then sell the Enfields and find good Mausers

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just so everyone knows, the 1917, the Model 30 and the aftermarket cock on open kits all have different cocking pieces.None of which are interchangeable. Mr. Wiebe,I have a Rem Model 30 bolt. And I knew I had read something about this somewhere, I have Dunlaps book. Looked it up in his book I'll have to modify the military cocking piece using his instructions I guess. Thanks for the advice. By the way if you have a Mauser that will take a 416 Rigby for what I payed for this Rem M30, I'll happily buy it!

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
quote:
get a copy of Dunlaps book...then sell the Enfields and find good Mausers

jumping

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote