New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem. 788 "barrel" on ebay
 Login/Join

posted
http://cgi.ebay.com/REMINGTON-788-COMPLETE-308-BARREL-W...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Seller has the bolt listed on another auction. He also has a Win Model 37 "buttstock" listed on another auction

one of us
posted Hide Post
The sad thing about this is that eBay, love it or hate it, is a great source for gunparts and accessories. With asswipes like these trying to push the limits, eBay may just ban ANYTHING having to do with firearms.
I have gotten some good handgun grips and other parts off eBay that I couldn't find elsewhere, or at least without spending countless hours at gunshows or on the net, or even making phone calls.
So, while some may think this is funny and clever, I think it sucks.

Posts: 1648 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
That's someone who knows he's committing a crime.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
The easiest thing for ebay to do would be to allow gun sales, like they used to. I got a nice Mexican Mauser action off ebay for the "buy it now" price before they caught it.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It doesn't matter where or what, there are always people who will push the limits. What is often amusing is that there will wind up being one high bidder for the barrel and another for the rest of it. I saw this not long ago for a double barrel stock and "trigger assembly" and a set of double barrels and forend! End result is 2 bidders are out money and most likely neither one got what they wanted, which was a whole gun at a bargin (seldom on ebay) price without paperwork.

I do agree that it is a good source for the obscure and hard to find part or item, I just don't expect them to be a bargin anymore and figure that the costs offsets years of looking.

Thaine
"Begging hands and bleeding hearts will always cry out for more..." Ayn Rand

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance" Jeanne C. Stein

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if anyone is going to take your head off for posting this.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of weagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:

He's not breaking any laws unless he ships it illegaly. Same as selling a gun in the classifieds on this site as far as the law is concerned.

Weagle

Posts: 737 | Location: atlanta ga | Registered: 11 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by weagle:
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:

He's not breaking any laws unless he ships it illegaly. Same as selling a gun in the classifieds on this site as far as the law is concerned.

Weagle

Correct, it would depend upon who he ships it too.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GrandView
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by weagle:

But he is violating Ebay policy.......and a policy it's obvious he's aware of. I concur with congomike.

It's been reported.

GV

Posts: 768 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 18 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
But he is violating Ebay policy

Anytime a person can kick ebay in the ass about their lame assed liberal policy it's a good thing. Big Grin How do you know they have been reported anyway?

Posts: 1118 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GrandView
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joecool:
Anytime a person can kick ebay in the ass about their lame assed liberal policy it's a good thing.

I've never understood where "high moral ground" is achieved by violating a company's firearms's rules because you disagree with them.

Is this violation some kind of "Conservative" badge of honor? Apparently one I'm not aware of....as I am a conservative Republican.

quote:
How do you know they have been reported anyway?

I reported it.

There are literally thousands of gun parts....barrels, safeties, gunstocks, and other odds and ends bought and sold within the rules on ebay. To openly violate the rules of ebay jeopardizes the continuation of a service and convenience thousands of us currently enjoy.

I see no reason to jump on the bandwagon of the "wink wink, nudge nudge" intentional violators.

GV

Posts: 768 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 18 January 2001Reply With Quote