New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bankrupt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It may or may not be generally known but it has just cane to out attention that sadly A-SQUARE is officially bankrupt. So if you use any of their products that are difficult to find pick them up while you are able to locate them

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
Are you certain? A quick google didn't turn anything up. Can you give us any articles to support your statement?

Posts: 400 | Location: Here | Registered: 13 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Received a letter from the Bank in SD offering us to purchase items from the foreclosure sale.

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
Well, foreclosure doesn't necessarily mean bankrupt, but it doesn't sound good.
Thanks for the info.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
bankruptcy is a great way to avoid paying any of your creditors...

The only concern would be if it were a chapter seven.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You sir are correct, all I can tell you is I received the letter this past Saturday from the Bank. A-Square is toast, no idea why or what chapter of broke they went. By virtue of the fact that the Bank is selling the assets of the Company I suspect it is not being re-organized.

Photobucket

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The letter from the Bank proclaims "forclosure" I do not imagine that is anything good but whatever it is it is. I am certain that anyone who has a burning desire to know exactly what transpired may find out. Whatever it is is not peachy and it is a shame that it happened. A-Square and Art were always good to us and we wish them the best.

Photobucket

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It doesn't sound like a bankruptcy. Sounds like the bank was a secured creditor and is selling the assets pledged as collateral for loans. Regardless , not good.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sir, you absolutely correct, it is very sad to see any great firm have problems. I do understand that it did cost them a fortune to defend themselves agains charges by the ATF in which they did prevail as we understand. Never the less it is difficult to get back on track after a nightmare like that. Go Well

Photobucket

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not heard of that. Do you know any of the details?

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
I can't find anything saying A-Square was involved, but some companies got into trouble for allegedly producing armor piercing handgun ammo. The problem was that they were producing rifle ammo in fmj or solids that had the same circumference as some pistol ammo.
I believe Barnes is going through something with atf now.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Again? What is it with AA and bede ?

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
A-Sqauare's problems started many years ago, when Art Alpin was in charge.

I think it had to do with breaking export laws or something like that.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68676 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
IIRC a disgruntled employee went to the ATF and started a big bru-haha for Alphin. They raided the facility and for a short while I think he was locked up. Basically a paperwork failure but cost him his involvement in the company and as was said before, they never really regained the ground they lost.

I understand Art was one of those guys you love or hate with little in between. I never met him but if I did I'd sure thank him for the reloading book he wrote, regardless.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a bunch of people doing GOSSIP over the backyard fence, without any clear cut evidence.

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would think a letter from the Bank offering the assets of the Company for sale is bloody clear cut evidence that there is definitely Trouble in River City. That may not be "clear cut" to you but to most people that is sufficient evidence things are "clear cut" and sadly for a great Company not good.

Photobucket

one of us
posted Hide Post
Even in BR, sometimes the court will order the liqudation of assets before considering the discharge/reorganization of remaining debt.

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tits up is tits up.
Does it really matter why ?

......civilize 'em with a Krag

Posts: 291 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A-square was shut down awaiting the raise of $1.3M in new funding. Apparently that didn't happen ...

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked with someone who attended the auction. They were selling everything....machines, brass, tools, etc

Posts: 20161 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Art always operated on the low side of the law. It appears that he "misrepresented" some information to the state of Wyoming, comitting felonies in the act.

Posts: 1743 | Registered: 25 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh what a tangled web we weave , when first we practice to deceive !

Don't forget to have your Liberals spayed or neutered !

Posts: 104 | Location: Bristol , VT | Registered: 12 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mmassey338:
I can't find anything saying A-Square was involved, but some companies got into trouble for allegedly producing armor piercing handgun ammo. The problem was that they were producing rifle ammo in fmj or solids that had the same circumference as some pistol ammo.
I believe Barnes is going through something with atf now.

Well thats BS
What do you do with all the AK and AR pistols??
FMJ does not make it armor piercing. The BATFE has a very specific law on this and the bullet has to be primarily composed of steel or other metal they list (Copper lead and brass are specifically excluded.) or the core.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote