New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help needed with auto pistol take down
 Login/Join

<Dyno>
posted
A friend asked if I would him clean a Raven 25 auto. If anyone can tell me how to break it down for cleaning I would really appreciate it .

Best , Dyno

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't take it apart to clean it. The cheap little guns sometimes get marked up going back together. I would suggest just removing the grips and cleaning it with gun scrubber or brake parts cleaner. That is what I am suggesting, however if I were doing it I would get a big pot of hot soapy water and dunk the gun into that, then cycle the action in the water until I could see no more junk washing out of it. Then rinse it in a pot of hot water until it is clean, then another pot of clean water almost boiling and dunk it in that by running a string through the trigger guard and keep it there for 30 seconds or so. Now take it out and dry it with a towel, careful because it will be hot... When it has dried go ahead and oil it. Now it is clean and you are not staring at some pieces that will not go back together, or else your friend won't talk to you because the little cheapie gun won't shoot worth a darn and he will blame it on something you did when you took it apart....

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
<Dyno>
posted
Mark ,
Thanks for the heads up on the little cheapie,I've never seen one like it. I do appreciate the advice on keeping the friend.
I'll be following your cleaning directions and recommending that my friend buy something of better quality.
Best , Dyno