New
Find
Notify
Tools

rechamber help
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a Rossi 357 mag single shot rifle i was thinking of rechambering to 357 maximum (357 supermag ).Rossi sells this same rifle in 44 mag also.would the 357 max pressures be to high for this rifle?
thanks for any help.

Posts: 175 | Location: mineral wells texas | Registered: 12 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Paladin>
posted
Better evaluate whether your cartridge-carrier can be adapted to lift the .357 Maximum from the magazine and place it where the bolt can pick it up for chambering.

I have a feeling this is one project which should be undertaken at the factory redesign level.

But, boy if they could do it!!! What a heck of a great little rifle that would be!!!

Paladin

one of us
posted Hide Post
The job should be pretty straight forward since it is a SINGLE SHOT. I noticed that some didn't read your post on the other sight completly either. I mean the contender is chambered for it and how much stronger can the contender be than your ROSSI? Talk to whom ever will be doing the rechamber job. They wouldn't do anything that might come back to haunt them latter. Hope this helps.

Posts: 330 | Location: Picayune, Ms | Registered: 03 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Outlaw I agree with you this rifle comes in 44 mag dont know about 223.I'm going to try it Rich at sierra said he saw no problem with it.

Posts: 175 | Location: mineral wells texas | Registered: 12 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
That will be an awesome little rifle! I don't know the pressure rating on the action, but if it's capable of 223 pressures, then you'll have a suprisingly powerful big hammer in a little package. I'd expect it to be capable of 180 gr @ 2200 fps and 200 gr @ 2000 fps.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Outlaw i contacted rossi they do offer this rifle in 223.I'm going to do it,thanks for reply.