THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    I need 16 ga. chambers lengthened to 2.75 from 2.5

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need 16 ga. chambers lengthened to 2.75 from 2.5
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am in Gainesville, FL. Can any of you folks recommend a skillful gunsmith to lengthen shotgun chambers on 2 BBFs (O/U combinations)??
Thanks.
Alex

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike Orlen has opened chokes and chambers for me. His prices are quite reasonable and his turn time is fast, usually less than two weeks.

Mr. Michael Orlen
79 Salem Street
Amherst, MA 01002
(413) 256-1630

Jim

Posts: 1210 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
This id sn EASY do it yourself job.

Just buy a long forcing conr reamer and a depth gauge from Brownell's. I have done several of these myself.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob Williams, Wind River Rifle
He is in Fort Walton Beach, FL.
How soon do you need it Frowner

Posts: 677 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, fellas.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hog Killer:
This id sn EASY do it yourself job.

Just buy a long forcing conr reamer and a depth gauge from Brownell's. I have done several of these myself.

Keith

Yes...easy, just make sure there's sufficient wall thickness to do so...Lots of times, there's not!

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lot easier to buy 2-1/2" shells... you'd be removing metal where it's most needed.

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote