Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 3 position safety
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of mix3006
posted
Thanks Roger;I feel confident with taking this unit now and will make sure the steps you indicated are being carried out correctly.

Posts: 191 | Location: Wollongong NSW Australia | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been using them for years without any problems..most problems I have see with installation of any of the M-70 3 pos type safties is some don't read the directions and make wrong angle cuts as they all differ...

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto Roger's remarks. The Unit is nice and well made. Reagrding professional installation, Mr. Wisner will only be selling these to Smiths from here on out just to avoid the hassles of improper installation by non qualified individuals. I was kinda miffed at first but can see why he would choose to do so. Makes sense in today's world. More power to you Mr. Wisner!

one of us
Picture of mix3006
posted Hide Post
Thanks fella's; I have spoken to a couple of gunsmiths about this and all echo the posts on this thread.

Posts: 191 | Location: Wollongong NSW Australia | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
The safety is only as good as the guy putting it in. There's a lot more there than meets the eye on M70-style safeties for sure. The best bet is to let a professional who has many an opportunity to install them.

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote