Find
Notify
Tools

New Remington 770 (PHOTO HEAVY)!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted
A customer brought this one in for a muzzle brake. Remington sent it directly to him (UPS) as a replacement for the M710 that that had a SERIOUS headspace problem. There is a aluminum core ( for lack of a better term ) that is slid into the receiver tube from the rear end. The part that extends from the rear of the action is part of this core & the trigger fits in it. The lug is in the stock (RED). There is a mating recess in the barrel that it fits into. This the replacement for the 710. What do you think? Big Grin

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
It's a piece er, pile uh, tub eh, load of shit! It's made for folks who are on very limited budgets. Remingtons reputation is slip slidding away! Pretty pathetic... Where are the stockholders???

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
Wow what a piece of junk.

That thing is the sux.

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Too bad for those who find one of these in their hands. thumbdown

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went to remington's site, and these are MSRP'd at over 400 dollars- so figure half that, and you can still get a stevens or that new marlin.

if you want a lo-bucker*, this thing isn't even in the running.

*ain't nothin' wrong with that- my father-in-law the surgeon just bought a marlin in .270.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Piece of shit.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same thing Savage did in my opinion with one of their new models with the barrel pinned with two pins like a damn rimfire. Just more pieces of shit from the gun makers to cut corners and increase profit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why anyone would buy one amazes me. The last 700 I bought (4 months ago) was a new ADL in 7mmRM for $289.99. It is a much better rifle and I can rebarrel it too.

RH

Posts: 79 | Location: Northwest Atlanta | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of doctorxring
posted Hide Post
As W.C. would say, "Godfrey Daniel !!!"

That is hideous. Remington should be
ashamed to even have built something
like this.

dxr

Happiness is a tight group

Posts: 1524 | Location: Don't Mess With Texas | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
That bolt handle looks scary

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12596 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post
Yikes!

I have a whole new appreciation for my Howaby Vanguard.

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! Everything about that rifle just screams cheap. All the surfaces look round because there are no corners left to cut.

Posts: 306 | Location: Originally from Texas | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
The quality goes in before the name goes on. Big Grin

I bet I could kill a deer with it but I would need a stiff drink afterwards.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:
A customer brought this one in ... What do you think? Big Grin

I think they found the right guy for the job. Big Grin

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very crude, at best.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
VERY NICE boat anchor

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Well, looks like they came up with a "product" that makes a Carcano look great.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
That bolt handle looks scary

I agree that is one fugly piece of work. As mentioned, even at this low price point there are some decent rifles to be had. This isn't one of them thumbdown

John

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a brutally cheap piece of crap. My nephew bought one of the 710's a few years ago and now wants to get rid of it and he cannot sell it.

Remington should re-think what the hell they are doing. bewildered

On the other hand, they got something right by re-introducing the Sendero.

Posts: 828 | Location: Whitecourt, Alberta | Registered: 10 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
A customer brought this one in ... What do you think?

I think they found the right guy for the job.

& the muzzle brake that I make will be the best looking part of the entire rifle! Big Grin

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
Evidently Remington needed more parts to keep track of. More assembly to do. More bore tolerances to hold. HEH! nice try. Seems like an expensive way to make an inexpensive receiver.
TIMAN

Posts: 1214 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Not a very nice piece of hardware. thumbdown

quote:
"The greatest threat to the American way of life is an PREGNANTillegal immigrant pushing a baby carriage"
roger
shocker

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post

I guess the second set of serial numbers is there just incase you missed the first.

Sweet!

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob G
posted Hide Post
The replaceable bolt head is a decent touch at best. The rest of the rifle SUCKS! The recoil shoulder won't do enough in my opinion.

Do it right the first time.

Posts: 239 | Location: North Smithfield, RI USA | Registered: 09 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is this Remington made in the USA or is this an import from one of their Euro partners?

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
A customer brought this one in for a muzzle brake. Remington sent it directly to him (UPS) as a replacement for the M710 that that had a SERIOUS headspace problem. There is a aluminum core ( for lack of a better term ) that is slid into the receiver tube from the rear end. The part that extends from the rear of the action is part of this core & the trigger fits in it. The lug is in the stock (RED). There is a mating recess in the barrel that it fits into. This the replacement for the 710. What do you think? Big Grin

Chust luffley, Hans......

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Let's see, how I should put it, uumm, I'm sure it is perfectly adequate for it's intended purpose but it's an ugly piece of S*#T!!

Steve E........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
It absolutely amazes me that a company would spend the R & D dollars to build a piece of shit when they have existing, decent products. Plastic this and plastic that. BUilding to capture a market whose very existence befuddles me. this shit of pre-assembled 'ready to go', 'takes the guess work out of', 'simplifies' is ridiculous.

Another piece of junk that is obsolete before it's built, and only serves to lower the reputation of an already struggling company.

_BAxter

One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
A bubba'ed mauser looks a hell a lot better than that!

I see all the arms company going this direction,and i also see them going away just as Winchester has. Wont be long and the riflesmiths will rule the world>>> clap

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
To call it hideous would be flattery.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13476 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by srtrax:
I see all the arms company going this direction,and i also see them going away just as Winchester has. Wont be long and the riflesmiths will rule the world>>> clap

They're just looking out for us little guy's. Big Grin

I wonder if their custom shop offers that model with a Shaw barrel. Big Grin Where would you put a second lug? Big Grin Apparantly the bore won't be the only thing that will suffer if the gun gets too hot. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That trigger guard is "special".

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i heard that they where cheapies but thats not just cheap its a cheap P.O.S he would have been better off with a stevens or a mossberg atr theres a difference between no frills economical and P.O.S. !!! i am not sure what surprises me more the fact that remington would produce something like that or the fact that some one would buy it and then spend money on it

james

Posts: 130 | Location: Floresville,TX. | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bent Fossdal
posted Hide Post
But you know, the funny part is, it will sell like tanning oil on the beach!
hillbilly

Bent Fossdal
Reiso
5685 Uggdal
Norway

Posts: 1707 | Location: Norway | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now, gentlemen. Let us not urinate into Big Green's cornflakes before we learn how well it will group. It may shoot pretty well for a hunting rifle. How does it feel, Doug? Does the action have a satisfying "heft" to it?

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After looking at these pictures of the Remington 770 I about through up. And to think the CEO of Remington just won the Ernest and Young Executive of the year. Just shows they don't know crap about guns manufacturing.

They have run the 1100, 870, 700 in the crapper making it cheaper. The police and military better watch out they are now making ARs.

My prediction Remington will get out of the civilian gun market, either intentional or unintentionally. Their patents are expiring and the clone makers are replacing them in the market place.

If someone wants a cheap Remington the can buy a clone made in Brazil or China. If they want a quality Remington clone they can buy a Stiller, Pierce, Borden, and the list goes on.
Longshot

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does the action have a satisfying "heft" to it?

yep it is heavier than a 700 action. Cheaper steel so it has to be?

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow!! What an awesome piece of shit!! Big Grin Send it to me, as I think I can use it as a door stop on my tool shed, the tang should stick in the dirt nicely..........What a joke thumbdown

6x NFR Qualifier
NFR Champion
Reserve World Champion Bareback Rider
PRCA Million Dollar Club
02' Salt Lake Olympic Qualifier
and an all around good guy!

Posts: 354 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr. Humbarger:

Pretty awful rifle!

Reminds me of the 1974 Chevrolet Vega, my mom bought new after the oil embargo in 1973. Same idea, cheap and silly. At 40,000 miles, the chrome lining in the cylinders in the aluminum block engine started to wear off, and it burned oil at a rate of one quart a week.

You had to love the two barrel carburetor that always shook loose, too.

God, that is one ugly rifle, and I love Glocks!

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

Posts: 2594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yale:
and I love Glocks!

beer