New
Find
Notify
Tools

Off Topic-want to share this
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My Grandson, hunting, fishing, and shooting partner will sign to play football at West Virginia Univ.

http://www.wvmetronews.com/pri...lstory&storyid=50796

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
tu2 Pop those buttons, Butch. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
that is good stuff. I will look forward to watching how he does.

LT

Posts: 484 | Location: SLC, UT | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
GOOD FOR HIM!!!!!!! tu2

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
tu2

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch

Good for him. He will love it here.

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't get to watch the Mountaineers on TV much, but will keep an eye out for him. Congrats to all involved! tu2

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
James and others, Thanks. Josh is very thrilled and being an outdoor person will probably love it there. They will be in the Big 12 now and maybe a few games will be in the area. It appears to have a pretty high graduation rate for the athletes.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, both of you.

West Va is beautiful country, along with the parts of the states it corners, Pa, Northern Va, Southern Ohio.

Beautiful state park nearby Morgantown- Valley Falls.

My father played minor league baseball in Wva.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Smiler

Well done that man!

I loved playing rugby at school, team sports with a bit of rough and tumble are good for a young man in my opinion.

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch, he won't be far from the "Hog Roast" at Fairchance, Pa.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! It is a beautiful area and a town built around a college, the best way to have a college. If he has time between studies, learning more football, and staying in shape there are tons of outdoor opportunities around there.

Deer hunting is not far away, the upland hunting is not bad and fishing, both warm and cold water can be spectacular. Worked on some potential hydroeletric projects in the area and spoke with a retired WVDNR fisheries expert. The Monongahela River right around Morgantown has unbelievable Muskie fishing.

Wish him luck for us, but beware, I had a nephew go to WVU and it was so much fun he finally had to give up schooling when he was a fourth year Sophomore.

Congratulations again, it is quite an honor to play any sport Division I.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. --- Greek Proverb

Posts: 714 | Location: Sorexcuse, NY | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
How exciting! I'm envious for sure.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to him and his proud Grandpa!

Posts: 173 | Location: Texas | Registered: 01 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats, only downside is you are gonna go broke buying gas for that truck to travel to all the games now!
dancing

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2 tu2 tu2

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
tu2
Very Nice Butch

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Butch,

The sign of a good marksman is being able to read the wind and in the 4:00 minute block of the video, he does it very well! Actually it looks like he's in a wind tunnel! Big Grin Even at that it looks like he's holding minute of football accuracy!

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Malm,
He ain't going to let the coach film him in a 15MPH headwind! He did kick 4 over 50yds in games.
He will be in beautiful country with good hunting and no time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Josh!
We wish him the best.
salute
I'll bet it will be a positive experience playing for Coach Dana Holgorsen (born in Iowa) who is off to a solid start at WVU after his impressive accomplishments at Texas Tech, Houston and Oklahoma State.

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Butch! Highschool football is huge in his part of Texas. Highschools have stadiums not fields tu2

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
I can just smile for you and your grandson. Congratulations to your proud family. His father must have done a great job raising him! beer

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. I have worked with some of WVU's programs and they are a solid school. Great job on his part landing this one.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote