New
Find
Notify
Tools

Model 70 Bottom Metal
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A friend has a stainless Model 70 Classic in 375. He doesn't like the cheap stamped interior magazine and would like to replace it, maybe with a drop-box magazine? Any ideas?

Posts: 20135 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim Wisner.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2147 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs: Let me get this straight....your rifle has a standard depth magazine..right? A drop box assembly ...? gonna be lotsa metal jus hanging out the bottom at the magazin well...about 3/16" Am I missing something?

And if Jim and your friend cannot "make medicine", I do have a SS assembly in standard depth...I also have one my ERM boxes to get an extra round down.

The issue is thagt the floorplate is not "rouned off" If he's handy and has a belt sander...could keep him out of the bars for an evening.

So..it's "as is" I cannot help out on anything that involves new work....Saving to be realized to the right guy

Posts: 3497 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry I don't do Stainless guards
And do not have any cnc programs for new Model 70's guards

James Wisner
ACGG Life Member

Posts: 1450 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I made a dozen sets for the current Model 70 years ago. Both 375 Width and Wide Mag Width floor-plates. Part of the dozen or so were made from 7075 as well in the same widths.

The price was $650 at the time and I remember someone saying to me over the phone "Hell's Bells's I didn't pay that much for the rifle"

I used them all up and won't be making another run. You might contact Sunny Hill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Swift bullets makes stainless bottom metal for the model 70

Posts: 59 | Location: anchorage | Registered: 01 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That still won't help with the sheet metal magazine.

Posts: 426 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by setters5:
That still won't help with the sheet metal magazine.

https://www.mcmaster.com/produ...4-stainless-steel-6/

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38578 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote