Find
Notify
Tools

IT&D Custom Gun experience?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Old Dog
posted
Does anyone have any actual experience with this firm out of Ohio? Their prices and turnaround times seem to be too good to be true and when that happens, in my experience, they usually are. If anyone has had work done by them, I would be most interested in hearing about your experiences. Thanks!

Jim

"Learn to disagree without being disagreeable" - Ronald Reagan 1981

Posts: 163 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not yet, but I've been thinking about it. I've seen postive comments in the past. From what I can see, he doesn't do a blueprint, just fit and chamber.

Posts: 339 | Location: SE Kansas | Registered: 05 March 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i have sent several friends there, that just had to have douglas barrels. time tends to be 2 weeks longer than planned.

I sent a rifle there about 13 or 14 years ago.. didn't have the reamer, and at the time, they where cheaper DONE than renting the reamer... good work, NICE bluing

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39706 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave at I.T.&D. has been doing my work for over twenty years! Their work cannot be beat for the money.

The beadblast blue they offer is excellent, and looks like a quality rust blue. My son's mauser
has the beadblast blue and it still looks great after 15 years!

While Dave specializes in Douglas barrels, he
will use any brand you want. I've had him do several PacNor barrels. (Although I furnished the barrels which I bought directly from Chris
at PacNor.)

Dave is as honest as they come and is easy to work with. You will get honest answers there
rather than the usual runaround!

Give I.T.&D. a try, you won't regret it.

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll also recommend Dave at I.T.&D.

Yep, his prices DO seem almost too good to be true, but he does a fine job.

I'd use him again in a heartbeat.

Actually I have two rebarrelled M700's that a good friend did with barrels that I bought from I.T.&D. They'll soon be going back to him for bluing... thumb

one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a recent thread on this very subject, with numerous positive reviews of IT&D.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For anybody that wants to look them up, here you go.

http://itdcustomgun.com/index.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
IT&D rebarreled an Interarms Mark X mannlicher for me several years ago. The work was of good quality and at a fair price. IT&D does good work, but for serious 'smithing work I'm a big fan of Ray Montgomery in Grand Junction, CO. Ray has forgotten more about 'smithing than many 'smiths will ever know, plus if you have a dumb idea Ray will tell you why it is a suboptimal solution, but he will do whatever you want done.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote