THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Stag Arms Pleads Guilty To Violating Federal Firearms Laws; Owner Will Sell Company

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stag Arms Pleads Guilty To Violating Federal Firearms Laws; Owner Will Sell Company
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted
http://www.courant.com/breakin...-20151222-story.html

quote:
The government said about 200 firearms could not be accounted for at Stag's John Downey Drive facilities. "We don't know where they are, whether they were stolen, whether they're on the streets, or whether they're just in the wrong hands," Daly said.

The company pleaded guilty to possession of 62 machine guns and machine gun receivers that were registered to another entity or not registered at all. ATF agents found the automatic rifles and receivers at the New Britain factory during an inspection July 15, 2014.

Eleven machine guns were registered to an entity in the Philippines, one to a police department and 25 to another manufacturer. The remaining 25 machine gun receivers — the portion of the firearm that houses the operating parts and on which the serial number is engraved — did not have serial numbers, the government said.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Wondering

was it just good ol boys making guns or blatant.

Posts: 6441 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
While I'm sorry to hear of their trouble. The firearms business is one that with the gov looking over your shoulders all "t" must be cross and "i" dotted.

Few years back I lost my ffl. Going through a divorce I didn't make any $$ the last year so they said I didn't need the ffl. Frowner

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:

was it just good ol boys making guns or blatant.
I would like to think that it was all accidental and due to things like imperfect accounting. But the fact that "about 200 firearms could not be accounted for" does make one wonder.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
While I'm sorry to hear of their trouble. The firearms business is one that with the gov looking over your shoulders all "t" must be cross and "i" dotted.

Few years back I lost my ffl. Going through a divorce I didn't make any $$ the last year so they said I didn't need the ffl. Frowner

that's going to change - the "in the business" part - that's part of what we'll hear thursday...

also, well, it's the IRS's job to say if you have a business, and many businesses take a loss ...

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38638 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
that's going to change - the "in the business" part - that's part of what we'll hear thursday...also, well, it's the IRS's job to say if you have a business, and many businesses take a loss ...

rotflmo
Clinton tried to remove all the FFLs now Obama wants every seller to have one.

I could have probably fought for the ffl. My old boss and I decided to make sure everything of his was in order and I simply ordered through him. After the divorce didn't have room in the apartment anyway. Wink

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
If the Gun Control Act of 1968 was repealed there wouldn't be such a thing as a FFL anymore. That damn law just added layers of bureaucracy, made it difficult and more expensive for law abiding citizens to own firearms, and it didn't do anything to reduce crime.

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe (CG&R):
The point never was to reduce crime. The goal is repeal of the 2nd amendment.

DITTO!

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Other sources have reported that the reason some receivers had no S/N's was due to the employee responsible for doing so was on a two week vacation?? Such a task would not require the ability of an engineer or technician and pretty basic to assign someone to fill in during the absence of such a highly skilled employee. Inmates running the asylum it would seem.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With Quote