New
Find
Notify
Tools

DRO
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need a new DRO for my mill. The choices are bewildering. Acu-Rite, Anilam, Fagor,Newall? any input would be appreciated

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Acu-rite 3-axis is simply wonderful! Shame it's so expensive.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
Mr Wiebe
I have a Sony Millman 2 axis DRO in good shape that I took off my Bridgeport copy. The resolution goes down to .0002". I replaced it with a Prototrak 2axis CNC. Let me know if you have any interest.

I'd highly recommend the Prototrak as well, but I wouldn't want to part with mine. Big Grin

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1861 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Duane, I have been using the 2 axis Newall on my Bridgeport and one of my Clausing lathes for a good many years. I have no complaints from either. No glass scales to clean or get broken.

Posts: 868 | Location: maryland | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Duane,

I have two of these, one on each of the mills and they work real well. One's been in service for almost 4 years and the other over 2 and not a single problem. They come with about all the mounting hardware you'll need. Jenix

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2946 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen...thanks much..Stockmaker: my e-mail is cgrs@earthlink.net drop me a note...thanks

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of aleaddict
posted Hide Post
For an inexpensive 3-axis DRO, you might consider the Shooting Star Technology BT-3. Only $749.00. I have the older CBX-3 on my B'port and its works very well.

-- ale

Posts: 140 | Location: Southern Kalistan | Registered: 25 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I had my Bridgeport rebuilt, I had them install a Mitutoyu. It has worked flawlessly for about 10 years not and occasionally goes on sale at MSC or J$L

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess I was expecting something like" Brand X is a POS...don't buy it" Seems there's satisfacion pretty much across the board..seems the 3 axis would be the way to upgrade for not much more $$$$ Thanks again