New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brno questions ID help
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
This picture of the 8mm 22f shows the grime that has been worn into the stock. However it's not a true indication of the rifles personality.

The rifle looks nice in ones hands and the wear is honest. Also the rifle looks quite long in the picture and it does have a long action but only a 20.5" tube. Over all it's a nice gun that shoots ok but needs a safety.

I wanted a full stocked rifle with character and I got it. I think it's still a better gun than a MS anyway.

The only way to hunt with it is with the chamber empty and the firing pin down. Then the bolt stays closed.

From what I have seen of whats available with these guns this one would fly of the rack to the cash register.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The thing is that now that the Kimbers are so easy to get and much superior rifles in every way I really don't need to hunt with this rifle at all. I do 'want' to hunt with it however just a little. Not enough it seems to spend much more time on it.

HA! animal Whatever killpc

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Savage99,

Anytime you want to part with that defective POS let me know. I'll take it off your hands at FMV. Despite all it's shortcomings It would make a great companion to my 21H. The poor defective siblings could keep each other company and dispatch deer and hogs at my Home for poorly designed rifles.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Savage99:

Kimber

A few more pictures of your "pet" brand. I've got a Chinese assault rifle that has a better fit and finish. What people mistake for quality amazes me.

Terry

one of us
posted Hide Post
Is that a picture of your gun? Did you buy it like that? Did it warp to that spot or is it loose in the bedding?

Have you contacted Kimber about it?

I have had two 84M's and both were centered.

I was going to bring the 21h up as a camp gun. I shot it Monday and it put the first shot from a cold barrel 12" high at 200 yds. The next shot went 6" high for a 6" group.

It not only disipointed me (again) but almost ruined a very good group on the target above.

Join the NRA

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Savage Smiler

I ordered it and it came out of the box just like you see it. Yes, I contacted Kimber and they promptly put another stock on it, but managed to scare the rifle up in the process. After that I got feed up with the whole deal and sold it at a loss.

The customer service was good, but the work wasn't worth a damn and that rifle should have NEVER left the factory in that condition in the first place. IMO, I find the quality no better than the M70's in Winchesters last day's. The stock layout is terrible, the fit is horrible and the finish sub-standard. The metal work is just average. Really the only good thing I can say about them is most of the guns shoot small groups. But hell, for the price there should be more to it than that.

Terry

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
If you want to sell that non shooting 21H send me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

Terry

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have $630 into it not counting the scope. Think it's worth that?

It has about .004" over the no go gage in headspace. Someone replaced the double trigger with a single stage and it has an old shotgun pad on it and a rivet in one side of the stock with a deer head on it. It has an excellent trigger pull.

Look close at the stock and you can see that it was dragged behind a truck or at least the stock looks like it was. But those are not problems. It's problems are it's poor design.

1. The safety is useless as it can't be reached under a scope unless your a little girl.

2. The safety is useless as it will not hold the bolt closed.

3. The comb is too low for scope use.

4. It's not a true CRF, like the Kimber 84M is, because the 7-57 is too short for the long action. Thus it will double feed. Just another design problem.

On the positive side it's a cute gun with the sleeved on econo express sight, carbine barrel and narrow at the magazine profile. I like narrow guns like this.

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Well, when you want to unload it just let me know.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of weagle
posted Hide Post
First trip afield: Very sweet to carry and shoot.
2 for 2 instant drops on some nice does.

Weagle

Posts: 737 | Location: atlanta ga | Registered: 11 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
You did good Weagle Wink

Terry