Find
Notify
Tools

scope mount sks???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted
traded for a sks... what scope bases are available??.. ive seen several.. scout, or rear of action...whats best??...recommendations??

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2832 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
way back, almost before electricity, i built out a "trick" sks -- there was this side plate, drill and tap, CHUNK of a thing, that you had to DnT to get to work -- think m1a/m14 side mount -- the rifle held "zero" very well -- roughly 2.5" with decent ammo -

i liked it, then SKS prices went to the moon, and someone wanted it more than me

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38596 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
Jeffe, i'll be at the Premier Ft Worth show in 2 weeks... come on out...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2832 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are rear receiver cover replacement scope mounts. Is it china or Russian? china replacement parts may not work on Russian rifles. Most aftermarket parts are china made.

I replaced the open rear sight on my Russian with a Williams SKS Peep. Works great, even with old eyes. Easy change, no alteration required.

Posts: 154 | Location: Sourland Mt. , NJ | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote