THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Looking for Barrel Band Front Sight for .925 barrel

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Barrel Band Front Sight for .925 barrel
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
As the title says I need a barrel band front sight for a barrel with a diameter of .925.

I have checked with NECG and they do not have anything that big or that can be opened up to that size.

If you have something that may work or know one who can make one at a reasonable price let me know please.

Thanks
Shane

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted Hide Post
RECKNAGEL have both .905" and .944".

Posts: 410 | Location: Finland | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Necg can order a racknegal

I believe the early ruger rsm front sights can be opened up

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38649 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
rRecknagle seems to be the answer...

Holland and Holland sometimes split the bottom, drove them on and soldered them..I have seen some split and a piece of metal tigged in the split and that was easy to do and nice to look at..I have also seen front ramps tiged to a band of whatever size was needed and that is also easy to do and looks nice. Lots of ways to accomplish your need..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42005 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe (CG&R):
Ray... When it comes to the "easy to do" part..can I come and watch?

From my own experience I have found that everything is easier to do "in theory" than it is to do "in practice".

Conversely, anything you dread doing is not going to be as bad as it seemed once you jump in and do it.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6836 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well it looks like I use a .827 from NECG and open it up a little or the .945 and let the solder make up the difference...

I am going to give NECG call and see how thick the band is on the .827 one and see if there is enough to take out .098, or force it over a mandrel to stretch it out.

my old gunsmith, Dick Hart (deceased), used to use a brake hone, in a drill, to open up the bands, slick way of doing it.

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will look to see what diameters I still have,as I had several custom made awhile back when I was doing big bore rifles which meant larger than normal diameter barrels.

Posts: 979 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I chuck them in the lathe and bore them out, if there is enough meat to do that, or yes you can peen it over a mandrel to stretch it.

Posts: 17190 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote