New
Find
Notify
Tools

ruger 77 trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can anyone tell me where to get directions for (properly) adjusting the trigger on a ruger 77. It is the old style with the tang safety. The trigger is pretty crisp but breaks at a little over 8#. I am proficient at adjusting my remington triggers, but have not attempted a ruger yet. Thanks, Ken

Posts: 45 | Location: Vista, CA USA | Registered: 05 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bolt Action Rifles (MCMLXXI) by Frank De Hass has complete instructions on pg 291. Good luck. Have never been thrilled with Ruger's triggers. I replaced the ones I had with Timneys.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
<Wolf skin>
posted
Try this link. I just found it today and have already printed off the info. The Drawings are awesome and leave little left to use as an excuse not to do your own triggers. Try it out.
http://www.centerfirecentral.com/77trigger.html

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DVC Master:
Can anyone tell me where to get directions for (properly) adjusting the trigger on a ruger 77. It is the old style with the tang safety. The trigger is pretty crisp but breaks at a little over 8#. I am proficient at adjusting my remington triggers, but have not attempted a ruger yet. Thanks, Ken

The old (tang safety) Ruger M77's that I own all have a fully adjustable trigger similar to a Timney!!
Good luck!!

Posts: 2352 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
The link up on Wolf Skins' post is a good one! I've used it ( the method) on my own and it works good! There's little need to replace these triggers once it's done.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, for the responses guy's, just the information I was looking for. Ken

Posts: 45 | Location: Vista, CA USA | Registered: 05 January 2002Reply With Quote
<Guy Kish>
posted
I just used this technique on my Ruger RSM 375 H&H and it worked great.

<shall>
posted
I have an early M77 and installed a Timney trigger. It has full and easy adjustment for weight, creep and over travel. At less than $50 it is a very good solution. It does require relief of the stock to accomodate its bulk but the result is excellent.