THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    work bench mount flouresent light Magnifing glass

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

work bench mount flouresent light Magnifing glass
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Or what ever they are called

Anyone have a link to these? A quality one.

This link might be a el cheapo one, but kinda like this

http://images.lampsplus.com/images/15330.fpx?cell=330,330&qlt=75&cvt=jpeg

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.as...LUXO%20LAMP%20KFM-1A

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I looked at the flourescent lamps so configured but also looked up the cost of replacement bulbs. Back in those days the replacement bulbs were so expensive that I got one with an incandescent bulb.

Has worked like a champ over the years!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a Luxo lamp on my bench and bought the wife one just like it from Sportsman's. Check them out in the fly tying section. Just as good, if not a little better imho. Lots cheaper too, like around sixty bucks. Hers has little adjusters to tighten the hinge so it will stay put. My Luxo is about thirty years old. the new ones may be a lot better.

Posts: 65 | Location: oregon | Registered: 09 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the electronics biz the big Luxos get thrown out, and I have my own Luxo junkyard.

I like them [the ones that are working] on the lathes and on the reloading bench.

On the lathe, a ways clamp can be made that has a 1/2" hole that is a Luxo base.

On a woodworing bench an insert for a vise stop can be made with a 1/2" hole that acts as a base for the big Luxo.

They do not seem to work out on the mill, so a magnet based lamp and a handheld binocular objective are on the mill.

I have tried wall mounted bases with 1/2" hole and the Luxo swings in front of the mill, but the lamp and lens are just too big.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rather than going that route, I decided to use straight flouresent lights and wear Optivisors for magnification. They are more flexible for moving around the workbench looking at work projects.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used one I got from MSC Corp [800- 645-7270] for over 25 years now. The prices run the gamut from 35.00-150.00 depending on how much you want/need from the lamp. VERY HANDY!!! I have never had to change the bulb either.
Aloha, Mark

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GSP7

I would recommend that you check with your dentist.
I use one of the dental overhead lights that swivel and rotate in all directions. Light is fantastic. My dentist/customer gave me two from his office when he remodeled. You can pick up a used one reasonable at any dental supply house. I can't work without mine now.

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually I am getting several of these from a medical equipment manufacture where my brother works. I will find out what brand they are. I was wondering how much $ a high quality one is

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote