New
Find
Notify
Tools

A stock for a tikka t3 .300 wsm
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I cracked/broke my stock on this rifle and was wondering if anyone knows of anyone making an after market stock for it? I called Beretta and they wanted $470 for a new stock. I guess the action and barrel must only be worth $150? I will not spend that much money on another one of their crap stocks, but am willing to buy one that is well built.

Posts: 384 | Location: Tok, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
no idea on the after market...

you could send the pieces to stock duplicator, and he could make you another one...

but.. 470 for an inletted, finished, and checkered stock is fairly light, if you get to pick a nice piece of wood...

here's why

blank
duping
checkering
240 (60 bucks a panel)
pad (installed)
finish (X coats of Y)
100+

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39622 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffeoso,

I don't have the problem dropping the $470 on something, but I wasn't going to buy another stock from them when I think the original is a piece of crap. Wood is out. I have went synthetic on all my rifles up here in Alaska. I am pretty damn harsh on equipment. Had to actually chuck my 8mm mag about 20 feet down the mountain so I could get down with my goat. There is a guy in Palmer that makes stocks, so I will give him a ring.

Thanks,

Northway

Posts: 384 | Location: Tok, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote