New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are any semi-inletted stocks any good?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anybody make a semi-inletted stock that won't have gaps around the magazine box.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GSF,
I haven't used semi's for a long time but if they have gaps you should send them back and ask for a return on your money.

I had heard some good things about Boyds (www.boydboys.com) as far as their product. I have heard some customer grumblings about Wenig so I no longer recommend them to anyone. It is getting to be more of a crap shoot every day.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
GSF

Im with Chic on this one. Best way to get a semi inlet is make up a pattern stock. Bed the entire barrled action in with epoxy. Buy a good stock blank and send your pattern and the blank to a good pattern guy. You spend a lot more money doing it this way but the results will be far superior.

Im just about done with my first stock from the blank and I will all of mine that way from now on. Yeah its time consuming but well worth the extra effort.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
<Bruce Gordon>
posted
I bought a Fajen Unfinished Drop In stock and it did have a bit of a gap around the magazine box.