THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Re: which stock feels the best with your eyes closed

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: which stock feels the best with your eyes closed
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My ex was a size 2-4. She always felt the best with my eyes closed. I just couldn't figure out how to close my ears.

With my eyes closed my Sako hunter stocks feel really good, but my Sako TRG 22, which is adjusted for me feels the best . The bronze medal goes to my Ruger 77 Mark 1 (tang safety) stocks.

The injection molded stocks all feel nasty.

JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to wonder about that with women.

Does this mean that some stocks are "two-baggers?" grin:

Rick

Posts: 494 | Location: Valencia, CA | Registered: 22 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thought about this while helping my high maintenance wife put some of her shoes up. She showed me a pair of shoes and said I just love these shoes, I never said a word, but no way anybody in there right mind could honestly say they were comfortable. And I know comfort was not her main reason to like them.

So, I thought about some of my rifles and if I was blind folded which would feel the best when I picked them up and shouldered.

Now keep in mind I didn�t blind fold myself and fumble butt around picking up guns. But I did grab a few by the barrel and grip them without looking at which was which.

Hands down a Hogue stock felt the best, next was a CZ 550 hogback, third wby ultralite that I�ve carried from Alaska to Africa (wby synthetic which is a bell and Carlson).

Forth always was tie between std win 70 wood stock and Boyds classic. The worst was a stock I shaped, pretty much cut all the lines myself etc.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting, danged ole 98 dollar Hogue feels pretty good to me

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only factory rifle stock that really fits me is the Rugger M77. As to shotgun the closest is a Browning 525/425 and perfect is a Krieghoff fitted for my father - I luck out that if it fits him it fits me.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I like the feel of the old English bolt guns, I like the low combs and iron sight set ups, but I can use them well with a scope, it has never bothered my shooting...

My stock pattern is a cross between an American classic and a Holland and Holland English gun I guess...It takes a little recoil up and a little of it back as opposed to all the recoil straight back like an American classic or all up like an English gun...it works for my frame...

Of the factory guns I will chose the Ruger 77...or a pre 64 M-70 low comb rifle ( I grew up on that one )

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of yotecaller
posted Hide Post
I would say my HS PSS stock on my Rem 700.

Posts: 345 | Location: NH | Registered: 24 September 2002Reply With Quote