New
Find
Notify
Tools

Z-Hat Custom
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am wondering if anyone in the Kalispell, MT area has any access to Z-Hat Guns, which relocated there over a year ago.

In April, 2006, I sent Fred Zeglin my BRNO ZKK-602 in .375 H&H to be converted to .500 Jeffery. I paid a deposit at the time, and later, when requested, made a second payment. In January, 2009, I was asked for dummy rounds to be used to correct feed, which I supplied.

Other than one email sent exactly one year ago from Kalispell, promising a completion date on the job, which I never received, I have heard nothing more from Fred, despite repeated requests for an update. He no longer has a listed telephone, and enquires at his reamer rental business have produced no call backs.

Does anyone know if the man is still alive and operating a business?

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
A few times over the past several months I requested a quotation for work via his online form. I never received any reply. My email inquiries also went unanswered.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
xausa,

I did talk to Fred recently. One thing he mentioned was that he was working on finishing up the Z-Hat custom guns. He's not taking any new orders, so yours will be one of the last ones.

Steve

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i sent him an email just checking if he's alive .. haven't heard back, yet

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38574 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I received this email from him at 4D today.

Savage prefit barrels are available from 4D for those of you who like the Savage switch barrel system. The new offering by special arrangement is for Savage barrels in Hawk calibers (of couse you can get any caliber we have on our list). If you not familiar with these wildcats, they are pretty cool and have a pretty impressive following. Quality Cartridge is a source for loaded ammo and formed brass for Hawk Cartridges. There is a cartridge for everyone in the line, whether your a varminter, plinker, or African hunter, check them out here: Hawk Cartridges. These barrel are custom manufactured for us by McGowen Precision Barrels LLC.

Even though we do not list all of these calibers for rent, we can get Savage barrels chambered for any of them for you.
Check out our site for more details on these barrels.

$ Special $

It seems like most everyone we talk to these days is wondering about the economy and how to do business in these hard times. We recognize that it's hard as ever to turn a profit, or if your a hobbyist you might be thinking it's time to put your projects away for awhile. So we decided to offer a special that might help both crowds a little. So for the month of October we will ship all orders for $2.95 no matter what it costs us. That means your saving a miniumum of $5 on an order. This will apply to ground shipping, however if your in a bind and need a reamer overnight, we will apply a $5 discount to those orders too. Just mention this special when you order, if you order on the web site just mention it in the comment area at checkout.

Below is a video from our channel on YouTube. Just a few things there but they are useful and we have more in the works. Thought you might like this information just for the fun of it.

Here is the link to our channel on YouTube if you want to see what else we have posted.

Have questions or need a new price list just give us a call, 406-752-2520
Have a great hunting season!

From your friends at 4D Reamer Rentals LTD.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote