New
Find
Notify
Tools

Go Figger!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently put in an order to Brownell's for a bunch of stuff. I needed the action pins that hold the trigger in place and decided to order them as long as I was putting in the order. Well, it turns out my FFL they had had expired and I got an emai back saying that and they could not ship the trigger pins because they were "restricted". HUH!

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did eBay buy them?

Posts: 341 | Location: MI | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim,
Brownells (at least for Browning replacement parts) follows the Mfgr's rules for who can buy the parts. I can buy a replacement trigger shoe but not a replacement hammer.

Posts: 238 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I hope it is as Yeti says. I don't like it much as a DYI kind of guy, but I can at least understand a manufacturer only wanting licensed repair facilities to buy OEM parts.

Posts: 341 | Location: MI | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I'll go one better... midway removes FFL prices when it expires

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These were th pins that hold the trigger!!!! Not the trigger. I also had ordered some other stuff; the bolt release spring and trigger guard. Only the pins were restricted. On top of that, they were over $4 apiece.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Those pins are over rated. I replace them with some I make from precision drill rod. Want me to send you a couple? I noticed the bolt stop is a restricted item as well. God forbid you mishandle one of those. Big Grin

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
try to order a trigger pin or any other trigger part from Ruger. You will have to send the entire gun to them

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gsp
posted Hide Post
I have various sizes of drill rod. Cheaper, cut to length, and hardin if need be.

one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
I use drill rod and if I need an odd ball I will use the shank of a twist drill.
letter or number drill..
Then pick up a new drill usually less than a couple bucks.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys are all generous with your offers. The only reason I ordered them was because I was too damn lazt to make some and I should have. I was just flabergasted when they said it was a controlled item. Go figger!!!

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

One of Us
posted Hide Post
by "lazt" do you mean lazy

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
by "lazt" do you mean lazy
22WRF - Do you mean: By "lazt" do you mean lazy? Wink

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He just can't help himself.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, its you who can't help himself.

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Jim - Just out of curiosity who do you order Browning parts from other than Brownell's here in the 'States?

Browning used to have a deal with Western Gun Parts in Edmonton, Alberta to sell them all the parts for its discontinued models. Western Gun Parts was thus supposedly the only official discontinued OEM parts supplier for North America. At least that's what Erv Heiman, who owned WGP, told me, as did Browning USA.

Now that we have all this restricted flow of gun stuff between the U.S. and Canada, I wonder if that is still the arrangement regarding discontinued Brownings?

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AZ Pete
posted Hide Post
Re: Browning parts

My neighbor broke a screw on his Browning rifle bolt (the one that retains the guide on the A-Bolt rifles). Browning would not sell him one, he went to a local gun smith, who called Browning, he was refused.

I am retired and had time on my hands, so I called Browning, and talked to a nice woman there, the screws are specific to action length/cal., and the schematic doesn't say which is which. We used some logic and took a guess, and she sold me two. Go figure. I had no expectation of getting them, I just wanted to hear what was so scarry about the screw to make it a "factory fix, only".

The screws turned out to be the right ones, so we now have a fixed rifle and a spare screw.

So, I would suggest calling Browning for parts and hope that you get the right person on the phone who wants to provide good customer service.

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 309 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remington controls who can purchase parts, not the vendors.
Just order a box of 1/8" dowel pins from MSC or your local fastener supplier if they have them. They are hardened and ground, much better than soft factory pins, IMO.
While you are at it, order a box of 4-40 set screws to replace the soft, stainless screws in the big Leupold target knobs.