New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need rings in the white
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Where would i be able to get some scope rings (1" or 30mm) in the white? i need them cos i wanna dove-tail em for use in my existing claw mounts...and hence be able to use a good 1" or 30mm tube low-mag scope....finding those European scopes with rails under them is turnin out to be a real drag...its a crazy idea but im sure it'll work....any suggestions??

regards,

zubin

One shot..meat! Two shots...maybe...Three shots...heap shit! - Old Indian adage

Posts: 137 | Location: Pune, IN | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure what difference it would make, but why not just buy what you want and strip the bluing off?

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick 0311:
I’m not sure what difference it would make, but why not just buy what you want and strip the bluing off?

i cant really do that cos the stems of most 1' rings are too narrow for me to dove-tail and get a proper inteference fit into the female dove-tail on the feet that engage into the base plates Frowner....is there anyone out there who makes em i.e rings in the white....bases are plenty but haven't been able to find any rings...Frowner

zubin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by z375:
quote:

i cant really do that cos the stems of most 1' rings are too narrow for me to dove-tail and get a proper inteference fit into the female dove-tail on the feet that engage into the base plates Frowner....is there anyone out there who makes em i.e rings in the white....bases are plenty but haven't been able to find any rings...Frowner

zubin

I think you might be confusing “in the white†(bare steel, no finish)) with “blank†(not machined)???

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
z375,

NewEnglandCustomGun(NECG) they should have german claw type ring blanks. They are shown in their catalogue that they gave me gave at SCI.
They have a long stem that is flat at the base.

Price range is between about $100-$125 depending which dia. you get.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think you might be confusing “in the white†(bare steel, no finish)) with “blank†(not machined)???
Just what I was about to say. Smiler

"There are only three kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
if you want to weld em up
get any STEEL rings you want...

wash them in CLR

"poof" in the white

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
im sorry people, what i meant was blank rings, homer i'll have to dove-tail the stems so that i can use em onboard my exising claw mounts. Trouble is that the stems of most 1" or 30mm rings are to small for the dove-tails of the claw mounts, hence the need for blank rings Roll Eyes

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Why not just make the entire ring set yourself?

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote