New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 391 Tricking up
 Login/Join

<skeeter>
posted
Could I get all or any info about all the possible Mod one could inflict onto a B391 Urika

one of us
posted Hide Post
Inexpensive basics that really make a difference include:
Porting bbl by EDM process; not so much for recoil reduction, which it does do, but it really decreases muzzle jump and will hep greatly on recovering on doubles.

Disassemble action after the first few hundred rounds and note all wear areas. Polish them (bolt bottom,slide,front rod that piston travels on,piston etc) with a high speed buffer. Do NOT round off edges, but get parts smooth. Oil LIGHTLY with good synthetic light oil. It will go longer w/o malfunctions and it sounds great.

Replace pad with a recoil pad made by Kickeeze. If you shoot low-gun position, wrap side of pad with electrical tape so it does not grab your shirt. Use a colored tape and you will see your gun quickly when racked at a competition.

Buy a good set (Briley, Pro-port etc) of extended chokes. Skeet, IC, Mod and Imod will take you through any shooting game or hunting.

Posts: 896 | Location: Austin,TX USA | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are several places that specialize in tricking out the Beretta....I like MoneyMaker becasue of their great custom ribs.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Shad>
posted
Might want to check the Cole Gunsmithing site (www.coleguns.com). They specialize in Beretta firearms and have a great deal of info, in addition to a factory parts and a number of their custom products - springs, part kits, upgrade wood, etc.

one of us
posted Hide Post
There is not a thing that a 391 needs to work well.....however, If like most, you cant leave well enough alone, by all means I second Coles Gunsmithing as the best place for tinkering on Berettas.

Posts: 89 | Location: New Canaan,Ct., U.S. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you want to send it out for modifications I would use Ballistic Specialties or Seminole Gunworks. They will do all the work I described above very well. I have shot many of their modified Berrettas and Brownings and copied a lot of their mods by disassembling their guns and seeing what they did. I think Cole is great for parts but if you go to sell that gun you will get your money out of a Seminole or Ballistics package. They are who do 90% (my guess based on what I see traveling to shoots)of competitors autos and I see how they sell often. Either way does a Berreta NEED any of this?: no Will it help you shoot better scores and be more reliable:absolutely

Posts: 896 | Location: Austin,TX USA | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
<skeeter>
posted
Thanks to all for your replys. I left out one piece of info. I live in Sydney Australia. But my kids live in Seattle so I do quite a bit of travelling so the next time I'm over I'll look those gunsmiths up. Thanks to all.