Tools

? on Seeadler optics
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone heard of or used this brand of
optics. They are supposed to be made in
Germany. Thanks for any help on this. GEG

Posts: 55 | Location: Kenedy, Texas USA | Registered: 24 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi.
I have a "Jagermeister" 3-9x45, w/30mm tube.
This is Seeadler. I'm pretty satisfied with mine. I had one for 5 years first, but after a swim in icewater it fogged inside. I walked trough the ice, on a beaverhunt -trip.
But I got a new one, and that one's alright. I use it on a quite heavy 308 Win, though. It has 30 years warranty, here in Norway.

------------------
Shoot well, and hit hard.

Arild.
(And YES, I'm a NRA member!)

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
GEG, Seeadler is living proof that even the Germans can produce junk when trying hard enough. Quality is on a par with Tasco... Save your hard earned money for a quality product.

------------------
Andr�

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
I've only had mine about a year but it is excellent. I've got the 6x42 on a Ruger 77 RSI in .308. I taught a newbie how to shoot it last year on a hunt and he even managed an Axis and a Blackbuck useing the gun. I haven't beat mine up so can't really comment on the strength of them. The optics are at least on a par with my 3-9x40 Nikon on my 30-06 BAR and the 4-12x40 Leupold on my .270 BAR. I did have one hunt last winter when it was foggy, raining and temps below freezing at some points and never had it fog.

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote