THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes a trap for storing a peep sight?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
Where can I get a trap to inlet into my synthetic butt stock to store an NEGC peep sight?
This is for a utility, hard use rifle not an engraved showpiece.
Thanks

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I dont beleive the NECG/recknegal sight, either the weaver or ruger, would fit in a grip cap..

but!!!

you could make a "hatch" like on some flintlock/muzzle loaders, and put it in there.

myself, I am just making a pocket on my sling to hold it.

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39665 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Jeffe
I was thinking a hatch opposite of my cheek side, any sources for those?
I do like your idea of a holder for it on the sling, I'll have to think on that a bit.
Thanks
Snellstrom

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Sure, if you like, dixie gunworks should have these, from their flintlocks parts.

the pouh should be witha button AND a thong-die down.

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39665 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might try Victor but watch your fingers when setting it! I bet it is pretty small. Big Grin

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Nice Pegleg!
Took me a minute but I got it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I did mine with a Talley, but it was for a Talley peep. I dont know if the openining is big enough for the NECG. I dont think Talley has made theirs for a while now. I would like to have another one.

HBH

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
Where can I get a trap to inlet into my synthetic butt stock to store an NEGC peep sight?
This is for a utility, hard use rifle not an engraved showpiece.

Thanks

"Not quite what you asked, but I store mine inside the buttstock. MPI makes (or used to make) a neat aluminium QD buttplate/recoil pad assembly which is held in place at the heel by a "hook" and at the toe with the the screw of the rear detachable sling swivel. By turning that screw out, one can instantly remove the whole butt-plate & pad. That leaves the entire interior of the buttstock accessible.

In mine, I carry a receiver sight, a "space blanket", a container of waterproof matches, a compass, and 5 cartridges. Properly wrapped, there are no rattles, and the total weight is not enough to do any more than just offset the hollow area in the buttstock.

Don't know if they still have a website, but if they do, you might look there for an example of the assembly to which I am referring.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote