New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vais Muzzlebrake??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I feel you could buy a guys business and have exclusive rights to a specific product and keep him from competing for a short period,say 5 yrs, within a state but that's it.I don't think it is lawfull to keep Vias from using the name Vias or to produce and sell other muzzle brakes after that time has passed or sell them outside of a certain area.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
I feel you could buy a guys business and have exclusive rights to a specific product and keep him from competing for a short period,say 5 yrs, within a state but that's it.I don't think it is lawfull to keep Vias from using the name Vias or to produce and sell other muzzle brakes after that time has passed or sell them outside of a certain area.

Is very truth non competing is for small aria only. Bartlett Swear to me the documents will not ever used against to to me,but they were to sow to the banker to qualify for the loan. I belived him wile he was a friend and i did not ivan pay mats attension to the documents i have signet.The lower court with the judge Edward Predo,order not to manufacture in canada and sold by others in the USA. that time the judge was in the proses to be promoted to court of appeals from Bush, and he mated there.After i look the documents Bartlett was sayng not to make muzzle brakes in Greece and sold in the USA. That time i was very Sic of multiple chemical sensitive and i continue to be but not as bat in the state of idaho.I will advertise and sale muzzle brakes shortly ander the name REAL VAIS MUZZLE BRAKES,and that will be invitation to hell for Bartlett.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
1st, an apology to you Mr. Vais, yes the real one, for mispelling your name several times. 2nd, I don't want to be misinterpreted...I do not think you are an angry, negative man, just that you may come across as that to future potential clients should they read your website. It is however, very factual that most people steer clear of any businesses with such legal issues and it may actually hurt you in the long run. 3rd, if you really want to get the better of Mr Bartlett you need to outsmart him. You are not likely to accomplish that in the courtroom, as he has already shown you he has the upper hand. You need to trade the lawyers in on having some time with the sharpest business mind in your area, someone who is already at the top of their game...and ask for some guidance on what you could do with what you have. Maybe you have a friend who can make an introduction to this person or people. These types of people are far sharper than most lawyers...plus they have no monetary gain from their advice so will not be swayed by money. Approach your problem from an entirely different angle...as long as you keep doing the same thing you will get the same outcome. Outsmart Mr Bartlett!

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr.Vais,
I try to follow the principle of:
Pick battles small enough to win, big enough to matter.
..you know, theres the story of the guy who remarried his Ex-wife just to prove/confirm that it was wrong to marry her the first time... rotflmo
and the guy who put his foot in a bear trap a 2nd time to see if it really did hurt that much the first time.

You could be spending your valuable time & resources defending your integrity in a world that mostly dont care,and you could come out worse for wear emotionally and finacially.
anyway,I wish you all the best luck in your endevours.....and welcome to inner circle corporate America.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TEANCUM:
quote:
Originally posted by Woodrow S:
OK Mr. Vias, I'll try one more time. Your just not getting it...its over. You can throw all of the money, time and lawyer skills you want at this issue and its not going to change the outcome. As was previously advised, work on what IS going to get you thru the rest of your life and leave the wicked past.....in your past. As stated before, are you willing to die a miserable old man thinking the world did you wrong and won't listen to reason? There are scores of people that lost their jobs thru no fault of their own and have picked up the remaining pieces and changed their situations for the better, sometimes changing their entire careers. You have choices sir, choose carefully. PS, it is in your best interest, that if you do start another line of business, remove the negative website information as this will only serve to keep people away from you. No-one likes doing business with an angry, negative thinking person. Good luck sir.

The times that I've visited George Vais I have found him to be friendly, possesed of a quick wit and very knowledgeable. I've listened to him on the phone talking to potential customers and he has always come across friendly. Is he opinionated? Yes, but most times correct!!!!!

I like the story of the bear trap ,and I hope Bartlett will see that because that is going to happen to him soon. The first time he escape or they got him louse, but this time he will get catch and will be no escape because I am setting the trap with a good bait.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodjack:
Mr.Vais,
I try to follow the principle of:
Pick battles small enough to win, big enough to matter.
..you know, theres the story of the guy who remarried his Ex-wife just to prove/confirm that it was wrong to marry her the first time... rotflmo
and the guy who put his foot in a bear trap a 2nd time to see if it really did hurt that much the first time.

You could be spending your valuable time & resources defending your integrity in a world that mostly dont care,and you could come out worse for wear emotionally and finacially.
anyway,I wish you all the best luck in your endevours.....and welcome to inner circle corporate America.

I like the story of the bear trap,and i hope Bartlett will see that because that is going to happen to him soon.The first time he escape or they got him loose,but this time he will caught because i am seting the trap with a good bait.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have known George Vais since before he first moved to Boise years and years ago. He called me one evening about an article I had written for Precision Shooting Magazine from his home in the Houston area, and we talked for more than an hour. He ended up moving his shop to Boise, and we became good friends. His allergies caused him to relocate, and eventually to return to Greece for awhile. He considered Ron Bartlett a friend also, and sold him the business. He told me Bartlett had asked him to sign some papers "only so the bank will approve my loan..." and that they would not be used against him. This was while the whole deal was being put together, well before this brouhaha started.

The copies of the documentation he has do look "funny" to me. Bartlett's attorney was supposedly responsible for getting George's ex-wife involved in the lawsuit by telling her if George won the case she would not be able to collect her child support, etc. I think the root of the issue is George Vais' lack of understanding of the convoluted ways of the business and legal worlds here. He works on a handshake basis and was perhaps a bit naive.

On the professional side, George is as meticulous a craftsman as I have ever had the pleasure to watch at work.
His work is flawless, and done in a timely manner...and at a price a working man can afford. I have a friend who bought a 300RUM when they first came out. George had just designed his new (and vastly improved IMHO)brake, and was in the process of patenting it. This friend drove over 400 miles over here from Oregon, just to buy one of these brakes by the company that is building them, and have it installed. I shot that dirty, hard kicking SOB one round before, and that was an experience I don't need ever again... After the brake was installed, it recoiled less than half as much.

I will go on the record here, and most of you know me by now, and state; I would pay full retail for purchase and installation of the new George Vais muzzle brake before I would allow any other one out there to be put on one of my rifles for FREE!!!!!!!!! They are that good. The original was good, this one is superb! I have a 7STW with the new unit on it and my 5'6" 128lb wife will shoot it off the bench with the new Vais brake.

George is a bit, shall we say...opinionated, and he believes he was wronged in this matter. He is like a pitbull or wounded cape buffalo; he will not walk away, he will not be denied justice in this court by lack of knowledge of how things work. He believes he is in the right, and I believe what he has told me. I have spoken with Ron Bartlett on the phone a couple times, and he seemed like an honest man to me. I would just hope they can get this righted. JMHO...

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just called Bush on my BAT PHONE and straightened this thing out for you.

You mean your DING-BAT phone, don't you??

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
The times that I've visited George Vais I have found him to be friendly, possesed of a quick wit and very knowledgeable. I've listened to him on the phone talking to potential customers and he has always come across friendly. Is he opinionated? Yes, but most times correct!!!!!

I have read over the court record of this case three times. I have come to the conclusion that the buyer of the VAIS muzzle brake business, VAIS ARMS, INC, (Ronald Bartlett) purchased the EXCLUSIVE right to make and sell VAIS-designed muzzle brakes under the Vais name, to customers in the United States AND any country in which tjere were Vais muzzlebrake customers prior to Dec. 30, 1999; and under the expectation and assurance from the seller that George Vais would not enter into competition in these markets for ten years following that date.

I think his addendum is valid, as Bartlett would have been a fool to purchase this business without such a "NO COMPETE" agreement, which is a STANDARD BUSINESS PRACTICE. IF the bank required this addendum, they were only protecting their borrower, who may not have realized that he needed the protection it afforded. But the mere fact that George Vais tried to resurrect the muzzlebrake business he had sold less than a year earlier proves that Bartlett NEEDED THE PROTECTION!! IF Bartlett had been placed in the position of having to compete with his own product, he would have found it more difficult to repay the loan.

Despite the fact that George Vais "is a friendly person, possessed of a quick wit and very knowledgeable", he is, in effect, "whistlin' Dixie", if he thinks he can legally go back into the muzzlebrake business now.

IF he wants to start making muzzle brakes again legally, he must wait until the expiration of the ten years, or 31 December 2009; EXCEPT that George Vais CAN produce and market muzzle brakes to customers in ANY COUNTRY WHERE THERE WERE NO VAIS MUZZLEBRAKE CUSTOMERS prior to 30 Dec, 1999.

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:

As a business owner who sells out, you can obligate yourself to a "no compete" agreement for any period of time you want, as a condition of the sale. It is then YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to comply with the agreement.

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by El Deguello:
quote:

As a business owner who sells out, you can obligate yourself to a "no compete" agreement for any period of time you want, as a condition of the sale. It is then YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to comply with the agreement.

As an interesting note to the enforcement of these convenants not to compete is that many states are not agressively enforcing them and if so find them to be of limited geography and duration. The philosphy behind that might be something along the line of restraint of trade issues, just a guess. If I am correct I think the State of California has almost stopped enforcement of any such agreements.

If there are any attorneys on the board it would be interesting to get your take on the enfocement of these covenants not to compete as the courts have trended to recently.

On another board about this topic is an interesting post relating to you only buy, as the buyer, what the seller agrees to sell, especially for a non corporate entity. If there are forgeries involved, as alleged in this case, maybe some things were not originally sold!!!!

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It can cost one everything he has or ever will have if he ASSUMES anything...and is later proven wrong by the courts. We have a court system here in the USA and it sure as hell is far from perfect...but its the best one on the planet!

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have read over the court record of this case three times. I have come to the conclusion that the buyer of the VAIS muzzle brake business, VAIS ARMS, INC, (Ronald Bartlett) purchased the EXCLUSIVE right to make and sell VAIS-designed muzzle brakes under the Vais name, to customers in the United States AND any country in which tjere were Vais muzzlebrake customers prior to Dec. 30, 1999; and under the expectation and assurance from the seller that George Vais would not enter into competition in these markets for ten years following that date.

I think his addendum is valid, as Bartlett would have been a fool to purchase this business without such a "NO COMPETE" agreement, which is a STANDARD BUSINESS PRACTICE. IF the bank required this addendum, they were only protecting their borrower, who may not have realized that he needed the protection it afforded. But the mere fact that George Vais tried to resurrect the muzzlebrake business he had sold less than a year earlier proves that Bartlett NEEDED THE PROTECTION!! IF Bartlett had been placed in the position of having to compete with his own product, he would have found it more difficult to repay the loan.

Despite the fact that George Vais "is a friendly person, possessed of a quick wit and very knowledgeable", he is, in effect, "whistlin' Dixie", if he thinks he can legally go back into the muzzlebrake business now.

IF he wants to start making muzzle brakes again legally, he must wait until the expiration of the ten years, or 31 December 2009; EXCEPT that George Vais CAN produce and market muzzle brakes to customers in ANY COUNTRY WHERE THERE WERE NO VAIS MUZZLEBRAKE CUSTOMERS prior to 30 Dec, 1999.

Non native hunter was hunting in Africa and he met two native persons ,he ask them if they have seen lion tracks, the native persons said we have seen the lion, is behind that bush and the point there finger to the spot .The hunter run the opposite direction saying I am not interested to he lion. You spiking for the none competing but not for the forgery? Forgery is enough to speak for all! The none competing is for small aria only .
The judge at the lower court rule not to make muzzle brakes in Canada.That dos not surprise you at all? The appellate court violate the rules. That dos not mean any thing to you? I bet you dint not read my web side. www.vaismuzzlebrakes.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It can cost one everything he has or ever will have if he ASSUMES anything...and is later proven wrong by the courts. We have a court system here in the USA and it sure as hell is far from perfect...but its the best one on the planet!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

One time a teenager boy told me he was saving hi money to by a ruger rifle 30-06 just like the one his friend have,and that is the best rifle in the world.I ask him if he have seen or sot any other rifle and he say no. I bet you never have lived any other place . Take a look in the case of ojay Simpson. Or in my case on forgery . Or the appellate court violation in my case. Or the lower court the judge rule on me not to make muzzle brakes in Canada. Is that good justice? Criminal gets free attorney victim dos no have a case if he don not have money to get an attorney! Is very nice to love you nation, but you will be more patriotic if you do some thing to prevent what is distorting this nation!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So how/where do I buy your new muzzle brakes?

Or do I just have to wait 2 more years.....

Thanks,

Dan

Posts: 430 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 02 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan H:
So how/where do I buy your new muzzle brakes?

Or do I just have to wait 2 more years.....

Thanks,

Dan

Yeah George, I would like to know as well, especially if they are as good as Rich says. If I sent you my existing brake could you just duplicate the threads on one of your brakes?

Cheers,
Andy

One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by real Vais:

One time a teenager boy told me he was saving hi money to by a ruger rifle 30-06 just like the one his friend have,and that is the best rifle in the world.I ask him if he have seen or sot any other rifle and he say no. I bet you never have lived any other place . Take a look in the case of ojay Simpson. Or in my case on forgery. Or the appellate court violation in my case. Or the lower court the judge rule on me not to make muzzle brakes in Canada. Is that good justice? Criminal gets free attorney victim dos no have a case if he don not have money to get an attorney! Is very nice to love you nation, but you will be more patriotic if you do some thing to prevent what is distorting this nation!

Hell, George, if you can PROVE A FORGERY WAS COMMITTED, you can take criminal prosecution action against the perp, you don't have to pursue such crime a thing in CIVIL COURT!

As to the O. J. Simpson case, let me remind you of one of Clarence Darrow's observations: "better that ten guilty men go free than for one innocent person be punished." I'm afraid we may have lost sight of this idea. Now, we may NOT have the best court system in the world. But I have yet to see a better one! And I have lived elsewhere -Japan, Korea, France, Germany, UK - and although our court system is based on English Common Law (except for Louisiana, where it is based on the Code Napoleon), I have yet to experience a system which is basically as fair as ours. And I have shot Ruger, Mauser, Enfield, Remington, Steyr, Kongsberg, Carl Gustav, Sako, Tula, CZ, Beretta, AYA, LLama, Walther, J.P. Sauer, Izjvest, Purdey, Westley Richards, Holland & holland, weatherby, FN, DWM, etc.etc. guns as well. So, unlike the boy in your tale, I've been there, done that.......

About you selling VAIS muzzle brakes in Canada- were there NO Vais muzzlebrake purchasers in Canada prior to Dec. 1999?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

One time a teenager boy told me he was saving hi money to by a ruger rifle 30-06 just like the one his friend have,and that is the best rifle in the world.I ask him if he have seen or sot any other rifle and he say no. I bet you never have lived any other place . Take a look in the case of ojay Simpson. Or in my case on forgery. Or the appellate court violation in my case. Or the lower court the judge rule on me not to make muzzle brakes in Canada. Is that good justice? Criminal gets free attorney victim dos no have a case if he don not have money to get an attorney! Is very nice to love you nation, but you will be more patriotic if you do some thing to prevent what is distorting this nation!

Hell, George, if you can PROVE A FORGERY WAS COMMITTED, you can take criminal prosecution action against the perp, you don't have to pursue such crime a thing in CIVIL COURT!

As to the O. J. Simpson case, let me remind you of one of Clarence Darrow's observations: "better that ten guilty men go free than for one innocent person be punished." I'm afraid we may have lost sight of this idea. Now, we may NOT have the best court system in the world. But I have yet to see a better one! And I have lived elsewhere -Japan, Korea, France, Germany, UK - and although our court system is based on English Common Law (except for Louisiana, where it is based on the Code Napoleon), I have yet to experience a system which is basically as fair as ours. And I have shot Ruger, Mauser, Enfield, Remington, Steyr, Kongsberg, Carl Gustav, Sako, Tula, CZ, Beretta, AYA, LLama, Walther, J.P. Sauer, Izjvest, Purdey, Westley Richards, Holland & holland, weatherby, FN, DWM, etc.etc. guns as well. So, unlike the boy in your tale, I've been there, done that.......

About you selling VAIS muzzle brakes in Canada- were there NO Vais muzzlebrake purchasers in Canada prior to Dec. 1999?

You are asking me to sue Bartlett. That is clear you don’t know any thing about law. When the case was open Bartlett and my attorney they did every thing to cover the forgery is clearly mentioned in my web side .Why Bartlett dos not sue me for blame him in public for forgery? Read my web side more careful . www.vaismuzzlebrakes .com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call the #( 208) 323 - 7674 I will sale and install muzzle brakes to every one .

One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is clear you don’t know any thing about law.

But you DO?? Let me point out, that it is YOU who has the legal problems, compadre! Not me!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

But you DO?? Let me point out, that it is YOU who has the legal problems, compadre! Not me!!

Yes I am the one have the legal broblem,but you but you say the court did not do anything wrong. The judge can rule for the U S A only and by ruling not do brakes in Canada. It is clear was doing a favor to Bartlett and that is not enforceable .Of course they new I dint have the money to hire a former A C L U attorney to over come there violation same thing with appellate court they violate the rules again for exchanging a political favor the same way as the lower court. My web side say the documents were signet for the bankers eye and not to used against me . THE forgery is enough to prove that. I never got the change to have a trial at the lower curt .A bat Idaho law block me for asking for prove of document. My attorney from Texas cover Bartlett by lien to me saying he (took the forget document to the F B I).what was the Rison for my attorney Daniel Rutherford from san Antonio Texas to cover Bartlett? Money? or again some political power throw the crooked Texas bar association?

One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes I am the one have the legal broblem,but you but you say the court did not do anything wrong. The judge can rule for the U S A only and by ruling not do brakes in Canada. It is clear was doing a favor to Bartlett and that is not enforceable .Of course they new I dint have the money to hire a former A C L U attorney to over come there violation same thing with appellate court they violate the rules again for exchanging a political favor the same way as the lower court. My web side say the documents were signet for the bankers eye and not to used against me . THE forgery is enough to prove that. I never got the change to have a trial at the lower curt .A bat Idaho law block me for asking for prove of document. My attorney from Texas cover Bartlett by lien to me saying he (took the forget document to the F B I).what was the Rison for my attorney Daniel Rutherford from san Antonio Texas to cover Bartlett? Money? or again some political power throw the crooked Texas bar association?

No Texas court can prevent you from selling things in Canada - unless you are operating from a location in Texas! If you move to Canada, you will be out of the jurisdiction of Texas courts, unless the Canadians are willing to enforce court orders from Texas courts. I don't know if there is any treaty obligation on the part of Canada to do so. There might be. But it is not probable that they would do so in such an insignificant case (I realize it is not insignificant to YOU.)

I recommend that you consider relocating to Horsefly, British Columbia. There you will most likely be able to operate unmolested. The air ther4e is clean too, but a bit on the chilly side in winter.....