Find
Notify
Tools

Scarce Mauser Variation
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted
This is the only one of these I've seen, 1932 VZ Peruvana Mauser, small ring, high charger hump, 7.53x54, precursor to the VZ33, G33/40:

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
cool! matching numbers?

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does it have large or small ring threads? You would have to remove the stock and measure the barrel shank. Small ring shank measures about .980", and large ring shank measures about 1.10". That thing is pretty cool!

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The 1932 Peru build by CZ has small ring thread but the regular bolt lenght of the standard 98. Be aware that this model has a reversed operating safety wing!
Makes a nice base for a leight weight rifle.
Robert

Posts: 83 | Location: Germany, NRW | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scarce indeed. Only 5000 were produced.

Posts: 230 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me know when you want to sell it! And no it will NOT get built into a nice lightweight rifle! Big Grin

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
cool

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39618 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
Cool.

Are you going to hang to this one as is?

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fla3006:
1932 VZ Peruvana Mauser, small ring, high charger hump

To quote Adam Sandler's buffoon character: "I've got a big _______ _____ right now!"

(I know you guys won't get it, but if you did it is funny)

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fal Grunt:
Let me know when you want to sell it! And no it will NOT get built into a nice lightweight rifle! Big Grin

Why not ?
Starting here.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Heavenknows, got anymore of those Brno safeties?

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes ,

one more.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
You got a PM.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heavenknows:
quote:
Originally posted by Fal Grunt:

Why not ?
Starting here.

It would be nice to make a solid model of that receiver to preserve the design for posterity.
It would enabe the receiver to reproduced exactly.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fla3006:
Heavenknows, got anymore of those Brno safeties?

ForrestA, that's a nice rifle and a great find. I have one of the Brno safeties also and I'm a little closer for you...give me a call or email.

Forrest the Lesser

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Folks - I can't quite follow this thread but I also am seeking a Brno safety of the type pictured for my Kurz project, so if either of you wish to indulge me I'd love to hear from you.

Ironically enough I too had one of these rifles pass through my hands not long after I joined this forum, and based on forum advice I didn't cut that example up either. But I had to make quite an effort to find someone who appreciated it for what it was (and it wasn't due to $$, I purchased it for modest money and passed it for the same).

Cheers

Foster

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heavenknows:

Why not ?
Starting here.

Mainly because I can buy Mexicans that are already "ruined" as far as collect-ability cheaply and readily compared to an incredibly rare rifle.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote