New
Find
Notify
Tools

Treads in a 602 vs. a Hannibal.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is it possible to re-tread a barrel from a A-Square "Hannibal", to fit a Brno ZKK602? Confused

I dont know the dimentions.

*Treat problems like a dog; Take a sniff ..... If it can't be killed, eaten, or fucked? Just pie on it, and walk on!:-)

Arild.

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
probably,,, sort of...

the enfield barrel, which is what the hannibal is, is the largest shank and threads of the milsurp actions...

i don't recall right off the top of my head the threads of the 602 , but i am certain the you can trim of fthe threads, shorten the shank, and thread an enfield barrel for just about any action.

it wil not however, even begin to "reuse" the chamber

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38611 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
The big CZ is currently M28x2sp3. Little brother is M26. I can't remember if the 602 unsed different threads or not?

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
M28x2sp3 doesn't say me anything, I'm sorry!

I know that the Enfield P14 measures 1.085" in the bottom of it's treads, but I dont know the outer-dimention on the Brno treads without taking out my barrel. I want to skip that.

Anyone know?

Is it the same as a M98 large ring?

*Treat problems like a dog; Take a sniff ..... If it can't be killed, eaten, or fucked? Just pie on it, and walk on!:-)

Arild.

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
602 and 550 magnum use the same thread

quote:
M28x2sp3 doesn't say me anything, I'm sorry!
. M28 means a 28mm major diameter, or, since you aren't using metric
1.1023622"

the "x2" means a 2mm pitch..

or ROUGHLY a whitworth thread shape of 1.102x14 ...

But, if you don't know what the thread means, then you probably won't be doing the work. and you should take the barrel to a smith, tell him the target action uses a M28x2sp3 thread, print this thread, and ask him if he'll do it

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38611 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not planning to do the work myself, just hanging over the smiths shoulder! Wink

Ok, so it was'nt more difficult than that. I was a bit confused here. I looked it up in "Bolt-action Rifles", by Frank Haas, and there all the measures are in inches. And I know thats what mostly used "over there". But there was none of the Brno action.

It's been a while since I've been working with treads myself, on the drawingboard.

So, I will be 0,017" lack of steel then, between the two actions!?

Arild.