Find
Notify
Tools

Adjusting Rem 700 Trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted
Any one know how to adjust these new triggers with the smooth shoe or trigger face ??????

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Query Tip Burns. I saw him adjust one today but didn't pay enough attention to tell you how. He wasn't able to get it under 3 1/2 lbs.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They adjust just like the old ones. There is a ton of info on this over on www.snipershide.com

Posts: 868 | Location: maryland | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
This may be the same sight as above, but I found this one some time ago. I like my hunting triggers in pounds NOT ounces! Around 3 pounds is as low as I'll go on a customers hunting rifle and that is where I like mine also.
http://www.snipercountry.com/Articles/RemingtonTriggers.asp

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
This says it all regarding the new Remington X-Mark Pro Trigger :

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php...6/page/3#Post2559476

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php...9/page/2#Post2185569

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
Wow , Thanks for the replies all ...... This one is a fur rifle so it needs to be nice and light , ,,2 lbs or less .......... As long as it is 100 % safe 1 lb is great ...Sure does make hitting running animals alot easier ........ I hope I don,t have to put an aftermarket trigger in this ....... I,m sure wishing I had got a Ruger 77 mk II VT so far ............

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
Andre ;;;; Thanks for the link .... As I,m a Ruger and CZ guy .I didn,t know which screw did what and had to read the post a few times .... .. These triggers are very good but the factory pull weight was comparable to the weight of the barreled action ...... I like the engagement ect but the weight was unbearable ......I hope it keeps the weight adjustment I set it at ... Thanks again ..